Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:28:23 AM EDT
Been scouting some anti gun sites, Million Mom March, Brady bunch etc...  trying to assess the extent of our victory.  Sadly I have to report that they are not done.  Misinformation prevails at these sites and make no mistake they will come at us again.  The American public remains very ignorant on this issue and if we do not educate them.... well, enjoy the sunset for as long as it lasts.  Next time expect no loopholes or cosmetic changes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's precisely what scares me.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope the damage is beyond repair. However, my instinct tells me they will NEVER give up. That's why we have to stay alert.
The libs thrive on misinformation, that's what they count on. They have the average joe thinking that you can go out now and buy machine guns. This is exactly what they want people to think, because it will further their cause. Pretty pathetic when you have to resort to lies to get peoples attention.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not just the libs....... don't forget the RINO's too. Dewine & Voinovich sold me out. I'm voting against them when election time comes. I won't forget what they did!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Since all the anti-gun people are trying to make the general public think the AWB is about machine guns (MG)....... let's put it back in their face and try to push to actually make manufacturing machine guns legal again  I mean the general public thinks its now legal to just walk into a store and buy a machine gun and walk out.  So I think now we have the best chance of changing the laws to make manufacturing MG's legal again.  I think all the anti-gun people would shit their pants if we were able to get this passed..... because it would all be based on the shit that they were trying to feed the public about SAW's being machine guns.

What do you guys think....would this be possible?

Justin
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
They have done their best to convince themselves and the general public, through a cooperative media, that "assault weapons" = machine guns.  They persist in this lie, as we have witnessed this last week.

If they are able to accomplish a ban, and I mean a real ban, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, they will then turn their attention back to their original target, handguns.

And never forget that regardless of all of their registration, licensing, and other schemes, their real goal is confiscation of ALL firearms.

There is no basis in law or the constitution to safeguard "sporting" firearms, any more than there is a constitutional right to possess fishing poles, tennis rackets, or golf clubs.  The arms spoken of in the Second Amendment are those that are military pattern, useful in combat/defensive situations.  And certainly mag-fed semi autos that use the same magazines and ammunition as our military's M16's would qualify.  

If there was a such thing as "hunting rights" as Kerry seems to think, then all game laws are contrary to hunting rights.  "But Your Honor, I know I had 87 mallards in my possession, but that is my Right, Kerry said so."

But if they can outlaw these defensive arms, the rest is easy.  And never for a minute think that Remington 11-87's or 870's would not be considered "assault shotguns", or that Win Model 70's would not be "sniper rifles".

There are no compromises.

At one time I thought, OK, perhaps licensing citizens to allow us to buy guns, and of course, criminals would not pass a background check for a license, would not be too bad.  But we see how FOID has worked in Illinois and a few other states, or rather how it has been used to abuse citizen's rights to bear arms.

And if Commiefornia can ban .50 cal, why not ban .458?  .404?  .308?  Where does it stop?  

Handguns have been banned for being too light, for being too heavy, for being too small, too large.  What is a just right handgun?  Why should the government determine that?

NO MORE COMPROMISES.  We must force them into an all or nothing position, make them show their hand.  This shows THEM to be the extremists that they are.

We cannot compromise as this is always a loss.  Then next year, they are after the next and the next restriction.  We compromised our way into the position we are in now.

No more.  Ever.  It is time to push back and reclaim our rights.  

First, we go after the "sporting purposes" clauses in the '68 GCA.  F--k sporting.  The word sporting does not appear anywhere in our constitution.  This NAZI era artifact must be removed.

Then we go after states like Commifornia, Illinois, NY, NJ, MA, and communties like Morton Grove, IL that have restricted our rights.  14th Amendment.  This has never been applied to the 2nd, but has to our other rights.  It is about time.

We need to get guns out from under the Treasury Department.  Governments are not allowed to tax rights.  They can't tax your religion, they can't tax your right to vote, and should not be allowed to tax your RKBA.  Besides, tax collectors, specifically the Sec of Treas, do not have expertise in firearms, so why should we let them regulate firearms?

It is time to go on the attack.  As long as we continue to fight defensively, they will keep coming back at us.

We are winning CCW, it is spreading and will soon cover most all of the US.  We can win the rest of our rights back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top