Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2011 8:16:57 AM EDT
Hey Brother, I looking for a barreled upper for my new ar lower? I saw DS Arms had some barreled uppers for a great price, but I have not been able to find any reviews on them.  If you guys have anytime this DS arm upper let me know how good they are.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine's good. It's a mid-length nitrided upper with fluted barrel. No problems with a few hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a DSA complete upper from JSE last year. Put about 500 rounds of cheap tula and wolf ammo through it without a hiccup. It was a 16" CMV m4 barrel with railed gas block and the price with BCG was about $350. Quality was good and for that price range anything that functions is worth buying lol.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a DSarms 16" M4 upper I have had for two years now, it shoots great. I would not hesitate to buy another.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine works, I got an entire upper(minus bcg)  for 275 back when they had their sale. It worked great for about 500, then I sold it to fund a LW build
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I own the 16" Fluted and Nitrided Middy Upper. Shoots great with any ammo I feed it and a Carbine buffer. Not a hiccup yet. Only thing I would have liked is a light-weight barrel vs a fluted heavy barrel, but I'm happy with it. Their upper selection has improved since I purchased mine anyway.
When I told the sales-rep that I was at the time staying a few miles from their location, she offered to allow me to pick it up personally, even though they don't have a store front or anything. 2 minutes later she had it on her desk, and 10 minutes later I had my upper in-hand and was able to inspect it before I walked it out of their manufacturing facility. Saved me shipping charges, and I've been happy with it since.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow...lots and lots of info on DSArms if you even try to search.

They are good to go for a budget conscious build, IMO.
I have one upper and several "blem" lowers. Their FAL's are held in pretty high regard, too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
D.S.A is good to go. No problems here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, thanks. I will be ordering one soon.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The are nice uppers.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a DSarms 16" M4 upper I have had for two years now, it shoots great. I would not hesitate to buy another.

This.  My nitrided upper for the price was really a good deal and would highly recommend.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems they had a few problems with a few barrels, early on, but they took care of the customers as best they could. I bought a couple 16" uppers, one M4 contour, one HB Fluted, both actually shot well and handled all 223/556 rounds fine with decent accuracy. My buddies talked me out of both and they are happy. They are inpressed with the Nitron finish, I am starting to prefer that finish to Hard Chrome, it has advantages, am hard pressed finding disadvantages.
You kinda get what you pay for, but what you get is pretty good. No real head to head torture tests to prove toughness yet. I am considering one of their 300s if released in middy.
We just have too many choices now, and most seem worthy...
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Fluted nitride mid-length upper here with a BCM BCG. Has run flawlessly with both high-quality brass as well as quite a bit of cheap steel-cased ammo, using a carbine buffer. It's quite accurate and I've been very happy with it.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine shot patterns instead of groups. Finally discovered both the flash supressor and brl nut were torqued on WAY to tight.  Took it apart, put it back togather correctly and groups improved greatly.

The other issues ive seen is hand cut feed ramps done after anodizing and brl extentions seperating from the brls.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Got a DSA 16" barrel to replace another barrel and other than they do not include the front sight parts (nice to have spares to hand) DSA barrels are GTG.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top