Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 3:47:11 AM EDT
I'm thinking about purchasing a carbine upper with mid gas system and fluted barrel
I found the DSA ZM4 which fits my budget well
I was wondering if anyone on here owned 1 or knew a little about DSA and could share some info with me

Thank you

http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-A3-Upper-Receiver-16-Barrel-Mid-Length-HG---ZM4CBUMID/productinfo/ZM4CBUMID/
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
DSA has been know to have good products at a good value, I have two complete uppers and various other parts, no problems with any.

But, be prepared for their very, very slow fullfillment, and some have said poor customer service.

And with todays climate they may even be slower.

I would buy from them again....
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I placed an order last week for a 20" upper, bcg and charging handle. This will be my third upper from DSA. Hopefully I'll get it some time this year. I've never had a problem with customer service. The quality of the two uppers I have now is great.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What ammo are you shooting with your rifle and what accuracy could I expect ?
I dont want to cheap out and end up with 3" MOA
Hoping to be more around 1MOA...?

tks
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
My DSA 556 ZM4 upper is accurate, with iron sights and bulk federal ammo I can keep it in the black at 100 yards if I do my part.

I do not think you will be disapointed if you use good ammo.

I think with the right ammo, and a good scope you should have no problem getting 1MOA.

DSA products in my opinion are good quality, and mine have been problem free and accurate.

Just do not be in a hurry to get it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the industry forum and read before you buy.   Lots of people are waiting for stuff with no response from them.  Some orders are going on 4 months now

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank u all for sharing
I'll go over and read the industry forum now
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The Z-4 is a good upper. I bought one from them in 2010. Even back then it took two months to receive. When you order from them your order goes into the manufacturing production schedule. They are not held in stock like a store. They take orders then make them.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I waited a couple of months (or maybe a little more) last spring for an upper from DSA.  I never did get the bolt I ordered.  The upper came in with a piece of paper that said the bolt was on back order.  After another month of so I went on line to check my order to see if I could figure out when I might get the bolt and my electronic order no longer showed the bolt on back order.  Their electronic record did not show I'd ordered the bolt even though it had been on back order a month earlier.

The upper I have is accurate.  I've not shot it enough to say more.  Oh, it was cheap, too.  $250 for a 16" mid-length with chrome lined barrel.  Couldn't pass up the price.  Just wish I'd got the bolt, too, since it was also an exceptional deal when I ordered it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered mine 11 months ago and still nothing.  everytime i call they tell 2 weeks and nothing ever shows ! They need to pull there Shot Gun News AD till they get there SH* T together
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I spoke someone on the phone about 2 weeks ago, I asked him if he new how long it would take if a bought 2 uppers to ship out. The guy on the phone told me that they were making the barrels daily and that if I ordered, it would ship out some time late Febuary to some time March. So I ordered. Who knows if what he told me was true, I'll just check my front door every day when I get home I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top