Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:10:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 3:11:59 PM EST by Commander]
I'm planing a new build soon and looking at several lowers mainly RRA but mt FFL has his papers at DPMS now and would make it easy to place the order.
Dose anyone have any input on DPMS lowers and do they put out good stuff. hanksG
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:45 PM EST
i just bought a brand new DPMS lower. i've never had a problem with DPMS in the past, and this receiver looks good to me so far!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:21:25 PM EST
i've owned a few DPMS lowers and would buy another one if the price was right.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:04:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 4:05:42 PM EST by AKvsAR]
I've got a DPMS lower and a Bushie upper, there was the problem of the bolt carrier going into the buffer tube to start with, but that was the exact moment on pinning them together. After a minute of two they wore together so that they meshed, and not a problem since. The first round was a scary one though, LOL
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:44:33 PM EST
I have a DPMS lower on a varmint set up. I would not hesitate to get another one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:54:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 4:55:03 PM EST by USCGflyer]
I have one of the "nasty" cast lowers and it has been flawless, I didn't know much about ARs at the time so I just went ahead and got it because it didn't have ANY logo on it at all. Just words. The thing has been fit up great on a Colt upper and has not had a problem.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:00:18 PM EST
There is nothing wrong with DPMS lowers in my opinion.They put out good stuff also
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:28:42 PM EST
Well, let me be the dissenting voice. The DPMS lower I got awhile back was full of POS parts. The buttstock was gouged, right out of the bubble wrap, the bolt holdopen was so out of spec it wouldn't function and had to be replaced, the trigger guard was a toolmarked POS, and the magazine carch button was so wierd looking, though functional, that I changed it over to a "normal" piece to save my eyesight.

I will never buy another item from that crappy outfit again. Sure, MOST of the stuff that comes out of there is probably OK, based on postinggs I've read on this site, but if they let the piece of crap I got out the door, it's obvious they count on the customer to do the final inspection, and I don't pay my money out to do the company's work
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:29:51 PM EST
shamayim........

Sound that you got a bad one ! hthanks all
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:22:03 AM EST
Anyone ever give R-Guns a try. This looks on a good deal for a DPMS complete lower half.

www.rguns.net/009_41.html
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:18:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 8:24:50 AM EST by shamayim]

Originally Posted By brushdog:
Anyone ever give R-Guns a try. This looks on a good deal for a DPMS complete lower half.

Ummmmm! Best do some resaerch before sending R Guns any money. Have no personal experience w/them, but based on a number of postings on this site over the past two years, I don't think I will either.

Re "giving them a try", if I was the only one who had ever gotten a bad DPMS piece, I'd understand your attitude, but you need to do some research on this site before you decide on that. We've had any number of questions like yours posted on DPMS products, and this thread is the first one I've seen where it wasn't split 50/50 between those that were happy w/the brand, and those that got crap. Do you like 50/50 odds?

There are far better brands out there, for essentially the same prices.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:19:50 PM EST
The your price should be around $120 plus tax from the local dealer.

You can order DPMS forged receivers for under $100 (with shipping), and if you add in the transfer fee of around $20, you come up with the same price as above.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:32:29 PM EST
I have 3 DPMS forged lowers (purchased as stripped lowers) and they are good quality. No problems, good finish and mating up to a variety of uppers. Fit and finish is perfect match to the uppers on some J&T kits I purchased in the last year or so. I will continue to buy DPMS lowers for my future builds.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:34:20 AM EST
I have a DPMS lower that I put on an Model 1 M4gery. Looks and fits great. The only difference I can see between DPMS and something like a "Bushmaster" (ohhh ahhh) is a panther instead of a snake on the side of the lower. I also saw more money in my wallet by going with a DPMS rather than a "Bushy" (ohh ahh once again). The next 'evil black rifle' I build will have another DPMS lower on it and it'll probly have another Model 1 upper attached to it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:30:24 AM EST
Although I am not new to ar's, I am finishing my first build - all DPMS parts - she went together tight, but thats fine by me

Never had a problem with any of their parts, fit, finish, or customer service for that matter
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:07:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By brushdog:

Why not buy a DPMS lower half from CMMG? They have an outstanding reputation and are a site dealer. rguns does nothing for these boards but provide an entertaining thread every once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:52:04 AM EST
CMMG, thats where I got my DPMS lower from!
Top Top