Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:53 AM EDT
purchased a stripped lower this weekend. got home and opened it up and noticed that the safe and fire marks where off (different location than my LCW or Colt units, I was going to call DPMS but I checked there WEB page and it looks like that the way they mark it. Anybody know why?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My Bushy is like that, didn't look at my DPMS or Superior
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Because in the process of manufacture, the stampings are put on with a roll stamp before machining & the lower was not set up properly when they rolled the selector markings

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you mean that the "selector" switch does not rest in the center of the word fire , stamped into the aluminum receiver ? ,  my DPMS is like this ---  that does not bother me as much as the crazzzy "cat" head on it ---- my best friend says it looks like a clown face-----   no imagination at the R&D dept. at DPMS
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
i wouldnt worry about it too much unless they were switched around
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I still think the cat looks better than Bambi!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you mean that the "selector" switch does not rest in the center of the word fire , stamped into the aluminum receiver ? ,  my DPMS is like this ---  that does not bother me as much as the crazzzy "cat" head on it ---- my best friend says it looks like a clown face-----   no imagination at the R&D dept. at DPMS

The selector point at the F in fire or before.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It's normal for DPMS...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Weapons are supposed to be functional, not pretty.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Freakin A!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This ugly enough?  It's very functional.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It would be nice if they were "pretty" before you beat the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Are all the DPMS Lowers like this or was it a bad stamping run? I just order a Stripped Lower to put together.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are all the DPMS Lowers like this or was it a bad stamping run? I just order a Stripped Lower to put together.

AZ SEN. :   ,  yea , i have 3 of them , and they are all like this ,  maybe if enough people complain they will "fix" it !   ,    but on the bright side ,  i have good things to say about the fit and functioning of mine , as everything has worked as it is should !!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Uh Oh...  never noticed that , I'd better go check mine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top