Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:14:00 PM EDT
OK, I want ot build another new AR. I was pretty sure on a RRA US property lower and RRA upper and a BM barrel. I went to get the FFL paper today for the transfer and dealer had a DPMS stripped lower for $130, nice, black, clean, and RTG. I have the Colts, LMT's and STAG's, I just want a rifle to dump massive amounts of ammo in and not really worry about it being not pretty or uber-tactical.
I am not a huge fan of DPMS, maybe becuse I am partial to the other brands, but it seems noone really has anything good to say about them.
What do you guys think, all I need is a lower, barrel, upper, GH and bolt, I'm trying to do this cheap, (but not really sacrifice quality) and quick.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:19:42 PM EDT
Stripped RRA lowers are available all over this site from authorized dealers for $100. The stripped DPMS lower isn't bad but at $130 it isn't a bargain either.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:31:22 PM EDT
See if you can get the dealer to negotiate with you some. Retail on a stripped DPMS is $119. A DPMS lower will serve you well...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:49:01 PM EDT
Factor in $5-10 shipping and $15-30 FFL transfer fees. Both the DPMS and RRA will end up costing about the same.

I did a group buy at work for over a dozen DPMS lowers (2 are mine) and have been putting them together with DPMS LPKs. They go together fine and I haven't seen any problems with them. I also did another group buy for RRA lowers, but they haven't arrived yet. The 5 or 6 RRA lowers that I've seen before, (I own 2) went together fine too.

The DPMS lower will serve you well, it's going to be a parts gun anyways. If you are overly concerned about quality, buy a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
+1 for RRA
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:30:59 PM EDT
dpms has a nicer finish than the rra and the rear shelf isnt high like the rra.

after owning both i would rather pic the dpms
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:34:32 PM EDT
I am doing my first build right now and I went with a RRA I got locally for $130 with tax and BG check included. I had a little trouble at first getting the grip screw in right(stupid I know) but I am really happy with it and definitely plan on using a RRA lower on my next build...

Not done with the first and already talking about my second, I've got BRD bad, real bad!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:05:29 PM EDT
Top Top