Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:17:44 AM EDT
And also reliability? I have had good experience with DPMS lower receivers for the ar15 but never with any other calibers. How are they out of the box? What groups are you guys getting with the factory barrel? And who makes their factory barrels?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
My 24" DPMS 308 is one of the most accurate out of the box guns I've ever shot.  My handloads and federal premium ammo shoot plenty less than MOA (cloverleaf groups with handloads).  I have one of their .223's and it also is as accurate as any .223 like it in my experience.  As far as reliability, I can only speak for myself as I understand others have had a few issues, but I've never had a problem, even with the plastic mags.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had mine for about 6 months and its very accurate even with cheap ammo.

I bought mine used but it does shoot real smooth, I also have a two stage trigger in it now.

John
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]

I just got mine, the M4 style .308 this past weekend.  I've only gotten about 30 rounds down the tube thus far, but it appears to have no problem keeping them all in the black of a reduced highpower target at 100 yards thus far using a dot style scope.  Function also seems fine thus far with one round taking a nudge of the rifle to get the bolt to close, the other 29 were fine.  I'll post an update when I get some more trigger time.

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say pretty good

5 rds 168gr Win Ballistic Silvertip fired from the bench.  Range was 100 yds
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top