Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 4:21:50 AM EDT
my father is about to purchase a dpms stripped .308 lower and i was wondering if i can use a regular parts kit or does the .308 require its own kit? also any specific trigger anyone recommends over any other? right now he has a jp in his varmint .223 ar and a rra 2 stage in my ar which he likes both any thoughts on these 2 if they can even be used with the .308? any barrel recommendations length, cm vs ss, etc etc? this gun will be used like his varmint gun for punching paper but at a greater distance than the .223 hopefully. thanks, bill
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:36:08 AM EDT
Most AR-15 parts will fit the LR308 lower with a few exceptions. The pivot and takedown pins are larger and the bolt stop pin is different. Call DPMS and get the skinny on what you need directly from them.

I run a White Oak tuned RRA 2 stage trigger in my LR308 lower. I did have to clip the tip of the hammer to provide bolt carrier clearance.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:15:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:35:04 PM EDT
jason, i appreciate taking the time to answer my guestion that is another reason i love using your parts for mine and my fathers builds...thanks to all that gave input i appreciate it...will have this build done by christmas with pictures to follow...thanks, bill
Top Top