Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 7:10:02 PM EST
After having read many favorable entries at this site from happy owners, I have become interested in this platform. Pricing is pretty awesome, considering its apparent capabilities.

Standing back and being as objective as possible, what do you owners see as potential weaknesses / areas you wish were improved? (BTW, I'm not concerned about sensitivity to certain surplus ammo or cartridge coatings / treatments.)

Although I cannot find any discussions in a search, could anyone here compare the performance and features of the DPMS model to its AR counterpart?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:03:12 PM EST
The fact that it uses the original AR-10 magazine design is a big plus.

Most other ARs in 308 use either a FAL or an M-14 style magazine. The designs using FAL mags have had issues, to the point htat one big-name maker stopped producing them and sold off its line of 308s.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:24:49 AM EST
I have both a LR-308 and a SR-25. Performance is about the same. The only difference is the weight and the price. LR-308 heavier due to bull barrel. SR-25 more pricey due to Knights stamp on the side of it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:02:05 AM EST
You'll need to replace the stock fire control group with a match unit if you want to see the LR-308's true accuracy potential. Figure anywhere from $100 - $350 for this, depending on what you get and who installs it. The JP Rifles single stage match trigger in my LR-308 was about $240 installed. It is a great trigger.

I wish the upper and lower fit together a bit tighter, but as far as I can tell this has no bearing on accuracy.

Overall, a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:44:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By vmpglenn:
You'll need to replace the stock fire control group with a match unit if you want to see the LR-308's true accuracy potential. Figure anywhere from $100 - $350 for this, depending on what you get and who installs it. The JP Rifles single stage match trigger in my LR-308 was about $240 installed. It is a great trigger.

I wish the upper and lower fit together a bit tighter, but as far as I can tell this has no bearing on accuracy.

Overall, a heck of a deal.

upper to lower fit will have an effect on accuracy. if i had a loose fit, id coat the hell out of the flats with duracoat or bed it. john feamster talks about fit and bedding in his book black magic.
Top Top