Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:47:52 AM EDT
I did a 30 day search, but only saw a few mentions.

How are these working out?  There was a mention of poor magazine quality - how many have had problems?  How's accuracy and reliability?

My AR hasn't gotten much trigger time lately due to budget reasons, but a .22LR AR would get used weekly!

Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Had mine for about 6 months...aside from a bad extractor when I first got it (they replaced it immediatly)..I've already put at least 3000 rounds thru it...not one problem....except for the fact that it weighs a ton....it's been great.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have one.....sold it just because I tired of it...it functioned perfectly and was very accurate.........but very heavy
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.  I wonder if I could have the barrel fluted?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one that im having the barrel turned down so i can make a carbine out of it and changing the reciever to a A1 and adding a frt sight
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure if you sent it to kurt he could easily reprofile the barrel for you...he's lightened barrels for me...does very good work
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new to this board, and this is my first post. I hope the correct way to join the thread is to reply to the first message.

I got one of these (dpms 22lr upper) last week and took it to the range for the first time Thursday (= 10 July) afternoon. It seems to function just fine, which is all I was checking, temperatures here in Central Oklahoma are begining to hit 100 in the aternoons, and so I kept the session short. I was using Remington Golden bulk pack 22LR. Here's 2 questions for experienced owners:

1.) For optics, I took the A3 carry handle & scope off my Bushmaster, since I needed something quickly, and I was using the Bushmaster lower & stock. Of course the scope needed (vertical) rezeroing. I don't plan on this for a permanent arrangement. What scopes/mounts are people using? Is anyone using a red dot?

2.) DPMS included in the box a sling swivel stud and instructions to drill the handguard to install it. Has anyone done this? I'm not interested in slinging it, but I would like to use a bipod?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I just purchased the A22 RIFLE, I am deciding on a scope for it. I have always been a Leupold man, they are never cheap. As soon as I can get to the range I'll give a report if you all like.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Walther OKO-style red dot I was planning on using, since this is a low recoil application.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top