Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:06:59 AM EDT
I read that the DPMS .22 Mags have the Extractor on the Mag, how does this work?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It is the "ejector" that is on the mag.   The COLT bolt in the DPMS kit has 2 extractors on it.

The ejector is simply an ear sticking up in the left lip of the magazine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I read that the DPMS .22 Mags have the Extractor on the Mag, how does this work?

Yes, they use the Colt-conversion type mags.  You can see the ejector on the left rear of the feed lips.

It works well; I've never had a malf with my DPMS 22LR, and that's saying something for a .22 .
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats what i was thinking, but everyone was referring to it as the "extractor"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
also the mags in the DPMS kit, are they "easy load" mags like AR15 mags, where you just push the cartridge down and into the mag, or are they "non easy load" where you have to push each cartridge down, then slide it under the feed lips?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
also the mags in the DPMS kit, are they "easy load" mags like AR15 mags, where you just push the cartridge down and into the mag, or are they "non easy load" where you have to push each cartridge down, then slide it under the feed lips?

They are like every single other 22lr mag I have ever seen in my life.  You push the rim down in the groove you can see in the picture above and then push back a little bit.  Never seen a rimfire mag work any other way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
they may be easy but if your loading 9 mags at a time it gets
bothersom.  I'm thinking about getting one of these.

speedloader

Wolf
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
bothersom.

Life is just one big pain in the ass after another, isn't it? I bet the guys at the Alamo would have loved to have had our "problems."
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bothersom.

Life is just one big pain in the ass after another, isn't it? I bet the guys at the Alamo would have loved to have had our "problems."

Problems like linking ammo for the chain gun.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top