Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 3:54:58 PM EST
Which M4 style rifle should i get for my first Ar ....thank you
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:00:44 PM EST
DPMS,is'nt even in the same ball park with bushmaster.

TG
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:23:22 PM EST
Bushy. Hands down.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:23 PM EST
What advantages does bushmaster offer over DPMS?

Thanks,
JMS
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:42:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By TexasGunman:
DPMS,is'nt even in the same ball park with bushmaster.

TGhug.gif

What is wrong with DPMS? I was considering looking at a 1/7 16" barrel from CMMG, and I believe (and I believe, but not sure)that they are selling DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:46:22 PM EST
I have rifles made by both Bushmaster and DPMS and frankly, outside of the stamps, I can't tell the difference between the two. The DPMS is a bit more accurate.

JMO
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:39:33 PM EST
well my vote is for the CMMG upper, it has the m4 feed ramps and is 1&7 twist and yes i have both a bushmastwer and CMMG upper. i shoot the cmmg upper more. it runs flawless. so does the busmaster so there both great uppers. i just prefer the 1&7 twist. both chrome line. my bushy is just 1&9. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:28:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By rmdye:
well my vote is for the CMMG upper, it has the m4 feed ramps and is 1&7 twist and yes i have both a bushmastwer and CMMG upper. i shoot the cmmg upper more. it runs flawless. so does the busmaster so there both great uppers. i just prefer the 1&7 twist. both chrome line. my bushy is just 1&9. Ronald

What is wrong with DPMS? I was considering looking at a 1/7 16" barrel from CMMG, and I believe (and I believe, but not sure)that they are selling DPMS

I currently have one of these upper through CMMG, 14 1/2" 1/7 twist and m4 feed ramps, these are a special run, not your average DPMS, these are also chromed lined and is made of 4150 steel.

I really like this upper, it accurate, also, it has digested every type of ammo, that I've ran through it so far,including Wolf ammo.

TG
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:00:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:58:37 AM EST
man it errks me to hear people talk bad about good rifles. DPMS is too in the same ball park as Bushmaster. I own a DPMS and havent had any problems at all with it. everything seems made very well. fit and finish are excellent; Not to mention, its reliable. The only advantage a bushmaster would have over a DPMS ( other than the website) is the chrome lined chamber and bore. This would probably not be a concern unless you had a really hard day of shooting or you were using that yucky wolf ammo. Keep em' clean yall!!!!! Anyway, because of this if i had to buy another rifle I would prolly pick the Bushy but the only reason is becuase of the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:26:33 PM EST
I have both. (arfcom motto)
Bushmaster, 14.5",1/7, M4 with four slot Phantom
CMMG/DPMS 14.5", 1/7, M4 with five slot Phantom

Both are excellent and equally comparable.
The BM has a "black" parkerized finish
The CMMG has a "grey" parkerized finish
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:17:20 PM EST
I have several DPMS rifles/lowers/etc, all have functioned perfectly, always. Fit and finish is just as good as my buddies Bushys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:45:49 AM EST
Main reasons that deter me from buying a DPMS or RRA barrel is the fact Bushmaster has the chrome-lined barrel and chamber. I'm not looking for a pure target/competition rifle that I shoot 10 rounds and clean like a NM bolt-action. I want something that will do 1" or less BUT has the reliability and durability of a military-grade designated marksman rifle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:45:33 AM EST
if you want chrome lined, let DPMS know, they will make it. I just finished my first build, all DPMS, standard steel barrel 16" m4gery, and it is almost perfect. First 50 rounds of break in haven't had a single malfunction of any kind, and it is shooting zub MOA already.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:36:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By newbe:
Bushy. Hands down.[/quote
No comparison, Bushy all the way!
Top Top