Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:48:29 AM EDT
Hi,
I had to become a member of the AR15.com to ask questions regarding the above mentioned rifle. I´m interested in buying the leftie DPMS and would like to know that is the weapon full lefty? Meaning the safety etc...

It´s my first encounter with a thing called "lefty AR" so I´m confused. It would be an answer to my prayershank
Miku
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The DPMS is not a complete left-hand AR. I to am left-handed and just started with AR's. I bought a 20" HBAR A3 low profile upper complete and am very pleased with the purchase. I recommend that you buy an upper and a lower to save some money. The important part is that spent brass is ejected out away from you sight. So a left-hand upper is worth the money.

If you want a complete left-handed AR, I would recommend you look at the new Stag 15L. It has a true left handed upper with forward assist, ejection port cover and comes in pre-ban and post ban. The complete rifle cost a great deal more that a upper and lower purchase.

If you interested in my DPMS HBAR at a good price let me know.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=295024
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your quick answers!
You see, I live in Finland and it´s not every gunstore that has AR´s on stock in here... It sounds like a good idea to buy ´em separately.
I just finished speaking with the finnish DPMS dealer and he told me that the weapons are packed and ready to be shipped as soon as the exporting license from US is clear. He also told me that the lower can be fitted with an ambi safety so this way I can get myself a full left-hand version.. It costs 36,50€, about $40. not too expensive.

thank you, I will return with more questions
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a DPMS lefty SS 20" bull barrel and really like it...very accurate and dependable...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I would def recommend the Stag-15L over the dpms. I own a Stag and absolutly love it. The fit and function of it is flawless. I probally put around 3k rounds through it without and failures.

Stag 15L:

-Left Hand Ejection
-Left hand foward assist
- Left Hand Brass Deflector
- Left Hand Bolt Carrier and Assy (notches for foward assist on left-hand side, gas hole on left hand side, so your gases go out the Ejection Prt Cvr)
-Ambi Barrel Ext (Ambi because the bolt and bolt carrier actually cams in the other direction, which is why you need an ambi barrel ext)
- Comes with Ambi Saftey Selector
- Upgrade w/ Norgon ambi Catch (quick mag release)

The Stag15L is a true mirror image upper.

Dpms:

-Left hand side of the receiver is cut out for ejection, does not have a door or foward assist or brass deflector on left side.
-does not have a left hand blot carrier, so your gases go into the receiver and make it dirty, which can cause failures..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top