Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2007 6:06:22 PM EDT
I found a used DPMS .204 and was thinking of getting it for a new praire dog gun but I had a few questions first. Why don't anyone else make an AR in .204 and is DPMS a good quality gun to go with? Any other info. I should know on this gun would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had aspirations of getting a .204 built from various custom outlets.  However the wait time is 12-16 weeks.  So I inquired with some friends of mine who have the DPMS .204 with 24" barrel.  They assured me that the rifle shoots very well and groupings inside of a dime with reloads, good optics, and a trigger job.

As a current DPMS .223 owner I am happy with the quality of the brand.  Three weeks ago I acquired the DPMS in Ruger .204 and I am very happy with how it shoots.  And it is priced right.  

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently assembled a rifle in .204 that consisted of a number of major components made by DPMS.  Although the lower is Bushmaster, the rifle works well and is quite accurate.  I have used DPMS parts for years and have no complaints whatsoever with the functionality and quality of their stuff.  I would expect that a complete rifle from them would be just fine.  Here's my new .204 build using their 24" barrel and Hi-Rise upper receiver.  

Headspace of this barrel with a Smith bolt was right on.  GO gauge would go and NO-GO wouldn't, just as expected.  Here's a pic of the build.......

Link Posted: 4/11/2007 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I know why more manufacturers don't make them, me and two other people are the only ones interested.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
WOA makes a upper in 204.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT now has a 20" SS .204 barrel for their MRP's...

This will be my next anti-varmint venture!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
what mags for 204?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what mags for 204?

The .204 takes standard 5.56 mags

Love my DPMS .204, just ordered a .204 bolt gun also (Cooper) Fun accurate round to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I build lots of 204 ruger uppers and love it for ground squirrel shooting. You get 22-250 performance out of your AR-15. Here is a pic of one that I built using a Shilen Match grade barrel and carbon fiber handguard

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top