Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 4:42:58 PM EDT
I just got a DPMS multi-tool and thought I was going to be quite pleased with it until I noticed that it lacks the 1/2" drive in which to stick the torque wrench/breaker bar. Why would they leave out something like that? Am I missing something? The illustration on their site has it, after all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
??? mine has the drive hole.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has the hole...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has the .5" drive hole too.  ???
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I just shlepped mine back to Cheaper Than Dirt for a refund. Perhaps I should have asked them to look through what they had in stock for one with the hole so I could exchange the one I had but I doubt their others would have been any different. They should ship them all back to DPMS with a message, "Put some holes in these stupid things, gawdammit! They're nothing but big funny-looking screwdrivers otherwise!"
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got one too, and yes, DPMS got rid of the hole for the torque wrench. Seems to me you really don't need it though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like they've made it twice as strong and half as useful. Yes, I'll just have to save up a little more and get the Smith Ent. or something like it. Too bad; I did rather like the idea of having the buttstock screwdriver as part of the package, as well as it costing $10 or so less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top