Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 5:02:25 PM EDT
Gang,

A local gun shop offers a M4-A3 for $819 cash or $843 if I use a credit card. This includes a sling, two 30 round mags and a hard case.

What do you think of this deal?

Thanks!

Snooch
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I saw in CDNNs catalog a Busmaster similar model or undr $800
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
26 people read this thread and NOBODY has anything to say?? C'mon folks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a great rifle, with a so so price.  If it is in stock go ahead and buy it.  For over $100.00 more you can get a Bushmaster, you can pay more and get a Colt or Armalite.  They aren't better than a DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
RGuns.net:

DPMS M4 Rifle 16" Brl. 6 pos. Collapsable stock.
Our Price: $775.00

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I paid $750 to $799 for mine, about a year and a half ago. Great rifle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Price is OK, but the problem may be that it is a DPMS.

They make OK AR15's, but are down the list in terms of quality, and reliability.

Colt Bushmaster, LMT, and a couple of others are much better options. They cost a bit more, but when you are spending $800 or more, make it count.

I'd pass on the DPMS personally, and if I wanted to spend around $800 - I'd get a Bushmaster M4 A3 for $890 shipped, or Colt for another $175 or so

Better yet, flip another $200 and get a Law Enforcement AR15 (LE6920) from Colt.

There is such thing as not spending enough, and I think the deal you list is an example of that
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gang,

A local gun shop offers a M4-A3 for $819 cash or $843 if I use a credit card. This includes a sling, two 30 round mags and a hard case.

What do you think of this deal?

Thanks!

Snooch

Not too bad, at least not around here. I paid $943 for my Bushmaster A2 in PA, but the last AR I got was a Bushmaster M4 carbine from this site for $760, the 2005 SEBR.

My local FFL in NY has regular Bushy M4's for about $850 so you should probably look around unless you really want a DPMS.

ETA; Welcome to the site Snooch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll repeat my last post:

CDNN has a A3 Patrolman model
M4 style bbl
6 position stock
Removable Carry Handle for $799

Seems like a pretty decent deal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought my DPMS M4 A3 a few weeks ago at a gunshow.  I paid about $850 or so.  I'm very happy with mine so far.  It is my first AR so the only comparison I can make is to a friends Bushamster and another friends "mutt".  I really like my DPMS the best.  Maybe just because it's mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#12]
DPMS makes quality stuff; never had a problem with mine and I'm always amused at the folks that bash 'em. Don't think those folks have ever had one. Everyone manufacturer puts out a turd once in a while(attention Colt cool-aid drinkers)but the thing that seperates the the good from the bad is how they back their products. DPMS's owner is a shooter and backs the sport, and is deserving of our support; unlike CERTAIN makers that officially don't sell to the unworthy masses....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Go and get the lower here
Go and get the upper here

You can find everything you need on the EE.  The best products at good prices.  Stick with Bushmaster, LMT, Colt, Rock River, or Stag/CMT.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got to wonder where this list is that rates DPMS down so far.

I can think of quite a few Colts, FN's, a whole lot of Bushmasters, and even a RR or two that I've had problems with. Not someone else, me. I can also think of DPMS rifles that I have had problems with. I've never carried DPMS into a gunfight, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it at all. My colt had failures in Desert Storm. My FN literally fell apart one time in Moqdishu, and the Bushmaster that I carried in Iraq was poorly assembled.

I own a Stag and a Rock River now. They're both good rifles, but I put them together myself so I know what's there and what isn't in terms of craftsmanship and assembly.

You can probably score better by searching around, but a DPMS rifle is on par with anything out there that's mass produced. Sure, some of the race guns run better, but for the money, you'll not be disappointed.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top