Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 4:06:22 PM EDT
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

I was hoping to put this magpul stock on my dads stock DPMS LR 308.  I don't have the gun in front of me and i'm not familiar with the AR10/LR308 platform.  Question is........ Will this just slide on like changing a stock on a AR15?
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

I was hoping to put this magpul stock on my dads stock DPMS LR 308.  I don't have the gun in front of me and i'm not familiar with the AR10/LR308 platform.  Question is........ Will this just slide on like changing a stock on a AR15?

Yep...!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

Yep...!

I got it in today. Nice call.  Looks like I need a rifle extension tube, it dosent work with the carbine tube. Going to have to make another order.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know where I can find an A2 stock set - stock? everywhere i usually shop is out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

Yep...!

I got it in today. Nice call.  Looks like I need a rifle extension tube, it dosent work with the carbine tube. Going to have to make another order.

I hate when that happens!

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

Yep...!

I hate when that happens!

Yeah, not cool.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Fulton Armory has rifle buffer tubes, that was the only place I could find one last week, looks like they are still in stock
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MIDWAY MAGPUL STOCK

Yep...!

First off.. You said your dad had an LR-308 not an AP4..So I assumed you had a rifle buttstock and yes it would just slip on...My mistake...Otherwise yes if it has the carbine buttstock you will need a buffer tube,.308 rifle spring and a .308 rifle buffer. Make sure you get the right buffer and spring because they are different than an AR-15 buffer and spring. You can use any rifle buffer tube tho...Do not use the spring and buffer that is in the carbine stock. Pack it away with the carbine stock when you take it off..  Again , A little more info would have been great...Sorry for the confusion...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about that, I thought LR 308 was the model for that particular gun, i diddnt know there were different versions.  Thanks for letting me know that they take a different buffer and spring, I was about to put an order in for a ar15 one.

Looks like I'm going to just sell the stock I ordered before I cause anymore confusion/damage .
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW:  I have an A2 stock, rifle length tube, spring, and buffer from my DPMS 308 Classic.  I'm trying to convert it to a carbine.  I have 40 rnds through the rifle since I purchased it last month.  Wanna trade your dad's carbine stuff for my rifle stuff?  I'm new to this so I'm thinking my plans to buy a lightweight 16" barrel with a mid gas system would work with your carbine length tube, buffer, and stock.

Will this even work?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The DPMS tubes are standard AR parts. The buffers and springs are 308 specific.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry about that, I thought LR 308 was the model for that particular gun, i diddnt know there were different versions.  Thanks for letting me know that they take a different buffer and spring, I was about to put an order in for a ar15 one.

Looks like I'm going to just sell the stock I ordered before I cause anymore confusion/damage .

No Problem...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top