Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 12:01:03 PM EDT
Is the DPMS LR308 a precision tactical rifle or a target rifle?
I have been considering this rifle since earlier in the year. Almost got one from CMMG back in the spring but had to shift the funds to another area. Ready to buy again, but if it is considered a 'target rifle' I might wait to see what else DPMS comes out with or get something else.
appreciate any and all help, realy want a 308 tack driver that can be used out in field and not just shooting off a bench  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I belive that the rifle is comparied to the AR10T and would be considered a target rifle.24" barrel would be a bit heavy for a battle rifle in my opinion,if I am wrong would someone else with a little more knowlege on this rifle please correct me.By the way Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply and the welcome, Ive been reading from here for a while now I just dont have much to say most of the time. Looking for a AR type 308 that is built to stand up to a litte more knocking around.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#3]
It has no dust cover or brass deflector.  If that means anything to you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I will look at the site that you gave TX. And yes my idea of tactical precision rifle is for a scout / sniper, type application.
Thanks for the informative answer
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top