Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:32:31 PM EDT
Any opinions on these? How do they compare to say an RRA enhanced bolt in terms of durability and funtionality? I have the opportunity to pic up one for around 100 bucks, is it worth it? TIA. Heres a link

dpms bolt
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS bolts are known for their low quality. They shear lugs off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DPMS bolts are known for their low quality. They shear lugs off.

And the channels on the underside of the carrier, where the mag lips ride, are not as deep as on Colt carriers, so they grind off the top edges of the mag lips if you're using Thermold mags like I do.

Don't know if they rub on GI mag lips, 'cause I don't own any.  Don't own that DPMS carrier any more either
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
reviews don't sound so good here huh?

I don't have an opinion since I don't have one/haven't used one

but I have heard good things about the Les Baer version if its chrome you want in your B/BC.

Click here for Les Baer parts/accessories

They certainly look awesome
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top