Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 9:25:40 PM EDT
i have just did the "cold blue test" on the chamber of a DPMS AP4(M4 style) 14.5" barrel and it appears to be chromed.....at least the chamber.....

i couldn't check the muzzle as the phantom FH on it is permenantly fixed.....but i checked the chamber using cold blue and it appears to be chromed.....i checked the process on a very small part of the barrel extention and it turned almost right away.....checked it on a very small part of phosphated steel( a carrier key) and it turned almost right away......i looked at the chamber and bore in the barrel as much as i could and it appeared to possibly be hard chromed.....but really couldn't tell......anyway, i rubbed blueing all over the chamber over and over and over with nothing but clear liquid results....would not take the blueing what-so-ever...100% not......made sure the chamber was free of oil.....would not take blueing no matter how long you rubbed it on or how long it set......

markings on the barrel are under the hand guards and simply reads: DPMS 5.56mm 1/9....

has anyone else lucked up and recieved what appears to be an unmarked chrome lined DPMS barrel?????

cheers

camaro
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=237576

One forum is enough....  

IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top