Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:05:28 PM EDT
Any suggestions on recoil pads?  How much and who has them in stock?  I've looked around but not sure if they are universal or require custom fitment for this stock.  Anyone find a slip on they like that fits this stock well?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
funny - I shot mine last week (25 rounds for DPMS's recommended shot-clean-shot break-in), this week I happened to notice in the mirror that I have a nice stock-end-shaped bruise on my upper pec area...have shot 12 gauge all day long without bruising in the past...didn't notice any crazy recoil while shooting the 308.  I have not yet thought about a pad, but it might not be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
funny - I shot mine last week (25 rounds for DPMS's recommended shot-clean-shot break-in), this week I happened to notice in the mirror that I have a nice stock-end-shaped bruise on my upper pec area...have shot 12 gauge all day long without bruising in the past...didn't notice any crazy recoil while shooting the 308.  I have not yet thought about a pad, but it might not be a bad idea.
;

Yep had the same situation; anyone put a pad on one of these?  I've got .22's and .223's with pads but nothing on the 308.  The pads I'm sure aren't universal or are they?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my AR10 SEBR.  Not sure where I got it (gun show I think) or what brand.  It is stamped US and is OD green, slip on.  They must be available, but I've never seen one advertised.  Seems to keep felt recoil under my DPMS AP4, but I'm not recoil sensitive.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top