Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2007 1:37:57 PM EDT
Well,
I hope I am not getting to much of the "Duh" here, but I installed a new DNTC compensator on my AR. However, on the first try, I had to really torque it hard to line up the sides as directed. (to tight for my feel) And it was turned up upside down. The agressive compensator seems to have to have its markings on top, to "compensate" for the gun rise.
On the second try, I installed two washers and it did line up just with the right amount of torque, in my opinion.

Now, I wonder if that is save to have two washers? With the gap between the barrel and the compesator narrowing from the threading to the 5.56 opening.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to either crush a crush washer or peel a peel washer and use a single washer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you time it using a peel washer?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't tried a peel washer, but with the crush washer I would have to make one half turn before it would be up right after it was super tied already.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It should crush down and then not be so super tight once you untighten and retighten unless you crushed it with a previous install.  If that is the case get a new crush washer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine installed on my LMT with a single crush washer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Use a peel washer to time it correctly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks,

I maybe give it one more try with the crush washer, it is 1/2 a turn to get it sit right. I may do it with a torque wrench?!
Otherwise I like the peel washer approach. Any idea where to get one?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top