Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:14:49 PM EDT
Anyone tried or seen one of these with the alum follower, and screwed in pull ring, he wants 48.00 apiece, with 14.00 shipping
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a link?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Special Weapons (mag) is supposed to have an article coming out where they torture tested one of these mags with good results.  I have one for testing, but haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet.  I know there will be a flood of, "I've never had a USGI mag cause a malf!" posts any minute, but I have.  I know Dave's tested the HK mags extensively, but found they had a couple of problems (rust being one).  These mags are part of the quest for the Holy Grail of reliability that D & L products are known for.

Would I get some for the range? No

For competition?  Maybe

For something more serious?  Yes, if my testing proves out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Is Special Weapons (mag), the same as S.W.A.T. magazine?  

Do you know what month's issue they will do the review?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe so, and I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what he thinks he is FIXING by selling a sixtytwo dollar mag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure you don't.

Trainers and match directors have the opportunity to observe who knows how many rounds go down range every year.  They see crap that most of us won't, because those particular malfunctions are rare.

I have seen different types of gas blocks fall off, barrel nuts loosen, fiber optic sights melt, Rem 700 bolt handles come off, scopes break, mounts loosen, nosedive problems, bolt over base problems, mag seating problems, ARs doubling, etc, etc.  That is with just a few years of match experience.  There are fixes to these problems, some cheap, some pricey.  It may be better for some to live with the risk of a brazed on bolt handle instead of getting a bolt machined from a single piece of steel (Surgeon actions, Nesika Bay, etc).  Just because you don't know something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why did Mag-Pul design and refine their anti-tilt follower if there was no problem with the green followers?  How would you design a floor plate if you had witnessed the retention tabs getting bent and broken?  How much would it cost to have metal followers and floor plates made for low volume production runs to solve a problem that may only manifest once in 5,000 rounds?

These mags have a reason for being, if you are happy with USGI great.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing I've noted about D&L is that they just don't get talked about.  Dave makes a good forend, from what I can determine, but all the chatter is about these permanently-railed versions.  He makes a good fixed-lenght buttstock, but you'll never see one posted on these boards.

Maybe his mag is too much, maybe it's great.  I'm just glad to see folks talking about his work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Is Special Weapons (mag), the same as S.W.A.T. magazine?  

Nope.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=131
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top