Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2007 7:54:44 AM EDT
D&L Sports Inc. offers what they call their Extreme Duty magazines, which have an aluminum follower, aluminum floorplate 1/2" thick held in place by 5 machine screws (flat or ring style available), extra power magazine springs, and apparently a number of patents pending.

www.dlsports.com/ar15_extreme_duty_magazines.html

-- Anyone know anything about these?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:04:46 AM EDT
I know they cost $49.99.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:38:22 AM EDT
Im not really digging the screw on the side of the mag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:54:15 PM EDT
I will pass. I'll take some HK or CP SS mags, thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:58:56 PM EDT
Rather than spending $50 on one of those mags, why not just spend $10 for a D&H teflon coated mag, then drop in one of these springs ($5.95) and one of these followers ($2.50):

For less than $20 you could have a mag every bit as reliable in terms of function and be plenty sturdy enough for use. Some of the standards for magazine toughness baffle me. I mean I don't plan on running my mags over with 4 wheel drive trucks. I just need them to be tough enough to survive being dropped on the ground occasionally and ride around in my mag pouches. The D&H mags are plenty capable of doing that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:44:12 PM EDT
Sometime ago I considered the D&L Sports’ ”Extreme Duty” magazine” for purchase, but decided against it because of the price verses what it is, a supercharged GL Aluminum magazine.

I am sure that this magazine does everything claimed and then some; however, for the same or slightly less price I can buy a HK 416 manufactured magazine of superior quality. And that is what I do, by all of the HK 416 magazines that I can.

I think a more realistic price for the D&L Sports Extreme Duty magazine is in the $25 range.
Top Top