Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:58:22 AM EDT
My FFL is ready to sale Colt LE rifles for P/U on th 14th. You will need to hurry. These will go fast.
Price $1100

Sorry E-mail me & I will give his info.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]
And who would your FFL be?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Lee's he is in Irving. He is closed FRI SAT SUN MON. Open TUE WED Thurs.

The $1100 is TAX and all out the door. That's what your going to pay any where with shipping & transfer fee's.  Look I know alot of DFW members are looking. Lee is a Great Guy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
He is gouging you for nearly $300 profit on each rifle.

He can keep them at that price.

Fair price is $895  + $20 ship for Colt LE AR's
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Fair price is $895 + $20 ship for Colt LE AR's

Most dealers I have seen are selling them for $1100.  I wouldnt call that "gouging"

Second, lets talk math.  You said he is gouging $300?  Well, $1100 is tax included.... so that makes the rifle about $1020.  (cant include state taxes in a "gouge" accusation)  Your example was $895 + $20.  Add the $25 FFL fee, and now we are up to $940 to get "your" rifle.

$1020.00
-   $940.00
-------------
$ 80 "gouge"  (wow... thats not really close to $300, is it?)

Third - Can you list several places where I can go get that rifle for $895, tax and all, *right now*?

Thanks for playing.  :-)

edited to say - I am not arguing if its a good deal or not.... (I would not pay that much for ANY "Colt") but if you are gonna make statements, gotta back them up with facts!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can you list several places where I can go get that rifle for $895, tax and all, *right now*?

Thanks for playing.  :-)

edited to say - I am not arguing if its a good deal or not.... (I would not pay that much for ANY "Colt") but if you are gonna make statements, gotta back them up with facts!  

larry Knesek FFL dealer out of AR is selling LE Colt M4 carbines w/ an A2 upper for barely over $800  NO TAX and if you buy 2 he ships for FREE.

There are plenty others .... charging a modest 5% mark-up as well. Do your homework and web search.

$1100 for an LE colt is price gouging.

Believe what you will
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]
My lastest order for LE 6920's (M4) are being dropped shipped from COLT, dealer on them is $945.57, So dont know what prices you're looking at. And $1,100 out the door is one hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
larry Knesek FFL dealer out of AR is selling LE Colt M4 carbines w/ an A2 upper for barely over $800  NO TAX and if you buy 2 he ships for FREE.

There are plenty others .... charging a modest 5% mark-up as well. Do your homework and web search.

Believe what you will

Again - you fail to back up your statements.  Show me.  Prove it.  Does Larry have this advertised?

No sense chiming in with rhetoric.... I am not trying to be a hardass.... but you made some pretty serious statments... now its time to put up or shut up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I belive this is a good deal. I have searched around. I am happy to get a Colt LE FTF in my area for $1100 out the door. Most dealers shipping them at that price are out of stock.

DFW members I brought this to your attention becouse I looked every where for one. His price FTF For me was a god send.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My lastest order for LE 6920's (M4) are being dropped shipped from COLT, dealer on them is $945.57, So dont know what prices you're looking at. And $1,100 out the door is one hell of a deal.

So Colt is the one price gouging
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Believe what you will

Again - you fail to back up your statements.  Show me.  Prove it.  Does Larry have this advertised?

No sense chiming in with rhetoric.... I am not trying to be a hardass.... but you made some pretty serious statments... now its time to put up or shut up.

I know exactly what he is charging on his LE models - because I just ordered 2 of them from him ....  I could give a rats ass if you wanna believe it or not.

And as far as put up or shut up .... you can stick a comment like that up your %#*
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most dealers shipping them at that price are out of stock.

Yep. Heck, I used to sell the stuff I didn't have for a huge discount.

The point is: availability is value added. The price is reflecting that fact.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
StrkAliteN I thank any one who can help us find what were looking for at a good price. However please keep the angry unnessasary foul aditude behind.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
StrkAliteN I thank any one who can help us find what were looking for at a good price. However please keep the angry unnessasary foul aditude behind.

I don't have the least bit of a foul attitude - thank you.

When I state something that I know for certain is 100% factual and true & someone chimes in clammering about put up or shut up , I draw the line there.

If you are happy paying $1100 for a LE Colt - hey it's your rifle , makes no differance to me at all.

I happen to know dealers costs / suppliers costs on these firearms and when I see them being sold at what I think are inflated prices I am going to have my say.

If someone likes it fine / if they don't like it .... that's fine to. But DO NOT call me out in words implying that I don't know what I am talking about.

Enough said.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That might be your distributor's Dealer price but Colt does not set a Dealer price other than their "Suggested Dealer Price" and "Suggested LE Price".

I'll just say that your price is about $65.00/ea more than we have been paying for 6920's for the past several years.

I only wish I could get $1100 ea out the door for them!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't have the least bit of a foul attitude - thank you.

Quoted:
you can stick a comment like that up your %#*

Hmmmmmmm.....  

When I state something that I know for certain is 100% factual and true & someone chimes in clammering about put up or shut up , I draw the line there.

<snip>

If someone likes it fine / if they don't like it .... that's fine to. But DO NOT call me out in words implying that I don't know what I am talking about.

Enough said.

When you post something as FACT on the internet.... you NEED to be able to back it up... or it is just BS.  

I didnt call you a liar.  I didnt call you out.  I just asked you to back up your statements and your math...... of which you could do neither..... and therefore that pretty much discounts anything you have to say in a public forum.  

Not trying to ruffle your feathers (and they are pretty easily ruffled) just calling a spade a spade.  If you know where we can all go get a Colt LE rifle, in stock, right now, for $895 plus $20 shipping..... I'd sure like to know where that is.

How about this guy's phone number so I can call him and verify that price?

Like I said, it aint personal.... but if you want credibility in your statements, you have to back them up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#16]
StrkAliteN, what you understand about market forces is remarkably underwhelming.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to Clyde Armory.  Ask for Andrew Clyde.  He will sell you any AR you want for $930.00  I can't wait to get mine I bought 4.  My FFL charges $25.00 to receivce a gun and fill out a yellow sheet.  You guys need to shop around. Love you guys though.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]
What does Bachman sell them for? He is usually the price leader in DFW area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Go to Clyde Armory.  Ask for Andrew Clyde.  He will sell you any AR you want for $930.00  I can't wait to get mine I bought 4.  My FFL charges $25.00 to receivce a gun and fill out a yellow sheet.  You guys need to shop around. Love you guys though.

Jay

I just went to his site and he is listing them for $1020 now. Maybe I will call him tomorrow. $930 plus $20 shipping would be a pretty good deal. But $1020 is what every other dealer seems to be doing right now. Can't say I blame them. This is a supply and demand kind of market right now.
www.policeguns.com/shop/default.cfm?CFID=711320&CFTOKEN=56475635&Action=home
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I reserved a AR6721 from Clyde about 2 months ago.  I called him the other day and Clyde said he is not selling anymore to the public at this time.  He might have got more in from Colt from the looks of his website though.  He's a good guy, I recommend signing up with if you want a rifle before there all gone
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Ya Bachman pawn told me even after the ban ends. They will not sell LE marked guns untill they get ok directly from the ATF.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I paid $1895 CDN + taxes for my LE6920. Total was around $2180 CDN.

At the current exchange $1100 USD is around $1416 CDN so... stop your WHINING
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]
That Bachman guy is paranoid. He won't even talk 30 seconds with you about LEO guns unless you've got an FBI Badge and the letter head hanging out of your shirt pocket. I really don't appreciate his unfriendly and unhelpfull attitude. I guess that's what having guns from crimes traced back to you does. Perhaps he should consider running a Subway Sandwhich Franchise. That's OK...I already got stuff waiting for me from two other sources who gladly took my money!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I got mine frm Bachman for $890!!!! I am a LEO too so the issue is moot!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
StrkAliteN, what you understand about market forces is remarkably underwhelming.

Thank you

I will be sure to post a pic next week of my 2 Colt LE6920's on this board.

I just ordered them within the past few days and the total price for the 2 was $1800 SHIPPED.

As  I stated earlier .... pay whatever price you wish to pay for whatever it is you are wanting to purchase. I myself think dealers who are charging $1k plus for these LE6920's are overcharging people.

I ain't here to piss in anyone's cornflakes and I firmly believe in 'to each their own'

However I do not appreciate someone pissin' down my back and trying to convince me it's raining outside.

My last post on this particular thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fair price is $895  + $20 ship for Colt LE AR's

OK, that's just fine and dandy. But your info - or lack thereof - does nothing to HELP any one here.

Most folks would say,"Here's a link where you can buy a Colt LE AR for $____."

FALARAK gave proof to substantiate his point.  Where's yours?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top