Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/3/2005 9:22:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2005 1:36:31 PM EDT by Blade409]
DELETE
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2005 9:36:30 PM EDT by operatorerror]
CDNN is very good. No problems with any of my transactions.

A Colt bolt and carrier will probably go for up to $150.00, but that's just a guess. Other bolts with carriers will generally be cheaper.

Shop around you might get one cheaper.

ETA a good deal? You might wanna' shop around for that too. It might be a little high but it's not a bad price.

The upper will work just fine with the Cav Arms lower.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:35:19 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:08:47 PM EDT
There are alot of places that sells this for cheaper.

A 50's upper is not worth 400 by it's seld without the carrier and bolt IMO

Look in the EE for better deals.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:13:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2005 8:18:45 PM EDT by operatorerror]
This is not a 50's upper.

I know what your talking about, those look very cool, but these SP1's are brand new from the 80's.

See CDNN's ad from Shotgun News.

ETA but the EE is a very good place to get deals too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:44:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 9:01:14 PM EDT
Oooops.

Ya' know, I read that thread late last night, and I could have sworn that they were slightly used.

Those do look nice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:05:28 PM EDT
Don't they have the larger Colt 0.315" pivot holes instead of the .250" that 95% of the lowers have.  If so you need the larger hole colt pre-ban lowers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 12:29:40 PM EDT by HardShell]
Very happy with mine, FWIW (the streaks, etc. are cosmoline residue, not scratches/marks - these things are pristine):

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:08:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Gunner:
Don't they have the larger Colt 0.315" pivot holes instead of the .250" that 95% of the lowers have.  If so you need the larger hole colt pre-ban lowers.

If they really were SP1 uppers, you'd be correct. They are NOT SP1 uppers, and I'm darned if I know why CDNN keeps listing them as such.  They are, in fact, M16A1 uppers, and as such have the regular size small front hole, and can be used w/o any mods on any current lower. By all accounts, these are units that were removed from new, unfired, M16A1s, that were being upgraded with A2 type uppers

While I didn't get one of these units, I did get one of the stock assys, bolt/carrier assys and charging handles that were part of the original offerings.  They were exactly as advertised.  You could see that they had been mounted, and you could also see that they had never been used before they were taken off the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:09:49 PM EDT
Nice looking upper HardShell!  Is the receiver as dark as it looks in the pics?  I've been thinking about ordering one but am wonder if the upper will match up with a new black lower...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:17:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lab_Rat:
Nice looking upper HardShell!  Is the receiver as dark as it looks in the pics?  I've been thinking about ordering one but am wonder if the upper will match up with a new black lower...

No, it is the old "Colt grey" - the pictures above are a little misleading.  I mated it to a newer Colt lower and the mismatch in color is very noticeable.  There was some buzz here at some time about somebody doing a run of new lowers to match all the "Colt grey" uppes out there, but I haven't seen anything about it lately.  Barring that, I'm considering having the whole rifle refinished to match throughout down the road.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:19:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shamayim:
By all accounts, these are units that were removed from new, unfired, M16A1s, that were being upgraded with A2 type uppers

I thought the last CDNN catalog I received had them correctly identified as "M16A1 take-offs," but I could be mistaken (long gone so I can't check).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:12:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HardShell:

Originally Posted By shamayim:
By all accounts, these are units that were removed from new, unfired, M16A1s, that were being upgraded with A2 type uppers

I thought the last CDNN catalog I received had them correctly identified as "M16A1 take-offs," but I could be mistaken (long gone so I can't check).

The CDNN catalog I got a couple of weeks ago still IDs them as "Colt factory SP1 uppers".  There is a note under the pic that says "small hole".

I can maybe understand not wanting to ID them as M16A1 pieces, for fear that somebidy might think they were selling machine gun stuff; but if I were doing the ad layout, think I'd simply list them as "Colt AR upper assys".

But hey, who asked me anyway?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:47:07 AM EDT
Just got my new CDNN catalog yesterday. They are still listed the same. But on the next page they have listed A2 uppers for the same price.  
Top Top