Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/22/2003 11:46:15 AM EDT
I have a DPMS 22lr upper on the way and was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to break in the barrel......
THANKS
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:59:03 PM EDT
22LR use soft-nosed bullets. Break-in is as follows: SHOOT THE HELL OUT OF IT! [:)]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:14:23 AM EDT
LOL If i use copper plated bullets should i follow the break in method of shoot clean shoot clean blah blah blah? Even though its not much copper do you think it could affect the accuracy? I dont know if the copper on most 22lr rounds is something to worry about building up or not. I of course have heard of this with centerfire rounds that are well copper plated ... Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before with a 22lr barrel and copper plated bullets...? Thanks all
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:29:58 AM EDT
I have a DPMS 22lr upper, DPMS puts the slip of paper regarding break in proceedures in the box that "I" think is ment for centerfire barrels. I just took mine out and shot it. It works fantastic, is very accurate with the ammo it likes, and dependable at 100% once I put a standard hammer spring in the lower I'm using with it. I am really happy with the one I have. BTW, Midway USA has mags for 19.99 for it with a C&R discount.
Top Top