Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 11:46:36 PM EDT
OK gentlemen,

I´m sure this has been discussed before but can´t find those threads.
I´m soon purchasing free float tube w/ picatinny rail for my Bushmaster M4 and I would like to hear your opinions about Daniel Defense vs. Knights FF RAS.
Boht are high quality products or I at least think so but is there any differences than price?

FIRSH, YHM, DPMS etc. are out of question, I have seen them all and they don´t convince me.

MN
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
DD is taller in how the rails are spaced.  It will make it feel like an over/under shotgun foreend.  The FF RAS is round.  The FF RAS like all Knights rails has little reliefs cut on every cross slot where the edges are straight on the DD rails.  DD has aluminum barrel nut.  FF RAS has steel barel nut.

This is all off the top of my head and I could be wrong but thats to the best of my knowledge the differences.

Does the DD foreend have the extra wide 1st and 15th slots for the Knight's panels?  I didnt think it did but...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DD is taller in how the rails are spaced.  It will make it feel like an over/under shotgun foreend.
View Quote

Do you mean that rails are not in same plane with flat top rails?

DD has aluminum barrel nut.  FF RAS has steel barel nut.
View Quote

This is info I´m looking.+ one to Knights.

Thanks Devl.

More info w/ pics appreciated.

MN
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Top rail is flush with top but bottom rail is lower and side rails are narrower.  More of an oval grip and the FF RAS is round.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top