Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2014 5:34:32 PM EDT
Want to pick up a spare, well primary BCG for my beside SHTF rifle. Currently running a Black rain Ordinance which I think I will be replacing with Either a daniel defense or a BCM. However, I cannot decide which one. My ONLY issue with BCM is that Troy makes their BUIS. That being said, the rifle this will be going in.... has a troy Bravorail. I purchased the rail ignorant to the issues of troy, but decided to stick with it due to quality. it was my first and last troy product.

Help me decide on BCG....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
BOTH (either)!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
your logic.......

my wife hates it.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I HAVE been using BCM for all of my builds and had great results with no issues.

With that being said I switched over to Rainier Arms BCG's as they are cheaper, have a lifetime warranty, and are ran through the same tests/inspections as the BCM products.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Want to pick up a spare, well primary BCG for my beside SHTF rifle. Currently running a Black rain Ordinance which I think I will be replacing with Either a daniel defense or a BCM. However, I cannot decide which one. My ONLY issue with BCM is that Troy makes their BUIS. That being said, the rifle this will be going in.... has a troy Bravorail. I purchased the rail ignorant to the issues of troy, but decided to stick with it due to quality. it was my first and last troy product.

Help me decide on BCG....
View Quote

I am a DD and BCM guy!  You absolutely can not go wrong with either BCG. I buy whichever one I get the best deal on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy either, or save more money and buy a spikes
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
What's wrong with the BRO?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:17:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's wrong with the BRO?
View Quote

Technically, nothing.... no failures, no issues at all. I guess I was a little put off by it not having the boosted extractor (which i may be wrong but I thought the boosted extractor was "milspec" or standard) considering how much i spent on it.

I have also not pushed the rifle as hard as I have wanted to yet. I assembled this rifle with hopes that it would be a good fighting rifle. something i could push hard and not break before it should.
I've just heard great things about the BCM BCGs and I know the name the DD upholds and was just looking at those two as options.
The ranier arms BCG is very tempting, but As far as tolerances, the correct steel, and the inner details that goes into the manufacture of these units, I dont know how standardized they are and how much you pay for a name.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
my AR-15 BCG's are BCM (3), Colt (1), Spikes(1 as spare), I think I trust BCM.. just bought a new BCM bolt off the EE too...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top