Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 2:30:23 PM EDT
Since Daniel Defense has got the Military contact is it going to be a part of the SOPMOD package?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Could you provide information as to where you found that DD is now a .mil contractor?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could you provide information as to where you found that DD is now a .mil contractor?

In March, NSWC-Crane awarded individual contracts worth up to $16,666,666 apiece to A.R.M.S., Daniel Defense, and KAC for the RIS II.  I have not heard who finally won the downselect to provide the lion's share of the forearms.

In addition, the head of the USAMU has specifically stated here on the forum that Daniel Defense forearms are in use on their Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) M16 and M4 conversions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have pictures of the Military using their M4 with DD rail?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone have pictures of the Military using their M4 with DD rail?

Not an M4.  A vendor had posted this picture in one of his for sale adds, dont remember which one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Team Members can search the Archives for the thread titled "U.S. Army DMR?"  This has pictures of the USAMU's M16 and M4 SDM conversions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In March, NSWC-Crane awarded individual contracts worth up to $16,666,666 apiece to A.R.M.S., Daniel Defense, and KAC for the RIS II.  I have not heard who finally won the downselect to provide the lion's share of the forearms.

In addition, the head of the USAMU has specifically stated here on the forum that Daniel Defense forearms are in use on their Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) M16 and M4 conversions.

Yes, all three of us (I'm KAC) got the next phase (call it Phase 2) that is potentially valued as stated if USSOCOM max's out their procurement.  This current phase required us 3 to submit 15 more samples (as they only had one each at the beigining of Phase 1) for engineering ans operator testing that we all got paid for.  This may well be the only order any of us get out of the $16M.  I think at least part of the Operator tests have been completed at Blackwater in Virginia.
So maybe we will all hear soon...?
However, given the protest laden history of this program, don't be suprised if all three "win," and then individual units order what type they want from Crane.  Obviously this will be a hollow victory for all the surviving vendors, and a complete disaster from the logistics, Operator Manual, supply, training, etc. sides.
All that being said and the rails themselves being equal, I think that if one of us three have the superior M203 free-float solution, that may be the decisive element, especially if only one winner is announced.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]
As posted above the AMU was building DMRs using DD tubes with steel barrel nuts.  That would be the only credible use I know of to date.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top