Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/2/2008 5:23:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2008 5:24:17 PM EST by JBritt]
I just got a DD Omega rail and I was trying to figure out which rail panels to get. I don't like the latter panels at all so I figure I will replace then.

Knights panels: I know the 9 rib panels fit on the sides and I am quite sure that the 11 rib panels will not work here because of the way the sling attachment is designed. But what I don't know is will the 11 rib panels work on the bottom rail? It looks like they would but I would like to hear from someone who has actually tried cause I don't wanna play the guessing game with those expensive KAC panels.

Tango Down: Anyone know if the full lenth rail panels will work on the sides of the Omega rail?

New Magpul panels XTsomethingorOther: Anyone have any experience with these and the Omega Rail? It looks like all eight panels should completely cover the bottom rail but the side rails looks like it will only hold 6 of the panels leaving a big portion of the rail uncovered towards the rear where the sling mount is.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Edited to add that this is the 7.0.

Thanks,
J
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:10:55 PM EST
I edited some photos I found here to figure out which ones I needed. Hope Stick doesn't mind.

Total lengths are:
2 rib-1.65"
4rib-2.65"
5 rib-3.47"
6 rib-3.90"
9 rib-5.48"
11 rib-6.15"

The KAC clip needs a cut-out in the rail to lock into...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:30:49 PM EST
I'm interested in the Magpul XT covers. I've got the ladder covers on my DD Omega 7.0 for now, but would like to put something more protective. I don't like the way the KAC attach...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:01:31 AM EST
Thanks for the pics and comparison.

Very helpful.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:24:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 3:25:46 PM EST by warpig8654]
KAC 11 rib panel on my DD Omega.

Locked up tight completely covering side rails w/out installation issues.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:14:19 AM EST
I have 11-rib KAC panels installed on both sides and bottom of my Omega rail with no issues. (I put the locking tabs in the front close to the FSB)
Top Top