Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 4:22:20 PM EDT
Can someone tell me how the DD Omega rail goes on and is FF without gunsmithing?  

I'm very curious, but can't find any material to show or explain how.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There are 2 separate rail pieces, a top and bottom.  Each piece secures behind the barrel nut and underneath the delta ring.  Each piece also contains 2 set screws that when tightened push against the front of the barrel nut, locking the rail in place.  There are also 4 screws that secure the 2 rail pieces to each other.  it's actually quite a simple system that works very well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are 2 separate rail pieces, a top and bottom.  Each piece secures behind the barrel nut and underneath the delta ring.  Each piece also contains 2 set screws that when tightened push against the front of the barrel nut, locking the rail in place.  There are also 4 screws that secure the 2 rail pieces to each other.  it's actually quite a simple system that works very well.

This.

It installs using the delta ring, then there are four set screws that tighten against the front of the bbl nut.

It's the most bitchin' rail evar!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1  you can install the Omega in about ten minutes and its rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, sounds like way more than I imagined.  Cool, just curious how the heck that thing attached.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get it, its worth it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep +1 the DD Omega Rail is a nice piece of kit. I run the carbine length on my Colt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
DD FTW !!
I have three different set ups. BCM midlenght and two carbine versions all are excellent quality!!
You will not be disapointed.

I have an Omega X rail that needs a DD barrel nut installed in place of the standard barrel nut and delta ring and it gives a very nice finished look  but the standard Omegas take minutes to install.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
DD Omega 9.0 on my Noveske Recce. works great and the uninterrupted top rail let me move the eotech a bit further forward. rail is solid and not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Omega Install Here

Quoted:
Can someone tell me how the DD Omega rail goes on and is FF without gunsmithing?  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Omega Install Here

Quoted:

That helped allot.  I'm sold!  What would be a good low profile gas block?  The one I currently use is probably too high for this set-up.  I have the 2-pc Knights Armaments, but I have a gas block and flip up front sight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#11]
do those 4 little screws sit between the barrel nut's teeth? what does prevent the rail from rotating?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I used the YHM 8383 for mine. Spikes low profile or VLTOR's low profile should also work well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
do those 4 little screws sit between the barrel nut's teeth? what does prevent the rail from rotating?

Nope, they contact the front of the barrel nut inside of the teeth.  It's the friction they create that prevents the rail from rotating.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Omega Install Here

Quoted:

That helped allot.  I'm sold!  What would be a good low profile gas block?  The one I currently use is probably too high for this set-up.  I have the 2-pc Knights Armaments, but I have a gas block and flip up front sight.

If you are going to be changing out gas blocks and stuff, skip the Omega and go to the Lite series.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Omega Install Here
Quoted:

That helped allot. I'm sold! What would be a good low profile gas block? The one I currently use is probably too high for this set-up. I have the 2-pc Knights Armaments, but I have a gas block and flip up front sight.

If you are going to be changing out gas blocks and stuff, skip the Omega and go to the Lite series.

I chose the Omega for two reasons. First it has rear QD sockets built in and second, everyone else uses the Lite series over a front gas block.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top