Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:30:08 PM EDT
This is for a 6920.

I've settled on Daniel Defense but can't decide whether I want the Lite Rail(10") or the RIS II(MK18).

Anyone have any experience with both?

I already have my target plinking and hunting AR so this will be a home defense build. I'll only be putting a light, vertical grip, and probably a laser on it.

Will the standard DD low profile gas block work with the RIS II or is the MK12 low profile block required? I ask because I already have a regular DD gas block lying around so that may decide for me if all else is equal.

This will be my first fore end replacement so is there anything else I need to know? New barrel nut? I don't plan on doing it myself unless someone tells me it's really easy and can point me to some instructions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Leaning toward the the Lite Rail to save a couple ounces of weight. I don't like heavy stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If youre not building a clone, just get a lite.  Its cheaper and lighter.  Unless youll be beating people to death with it, you wont notice a difference in durability.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If youre not building a clone, just get a lite.  Its cheaper and lighter.  Unless youll be beating people to death with it, you wont notice a difference in durability.

this.

the dd rails will come with a new barrel nut, wrench, and instructions. you will need some kind of upper vice block, a vice, and a torque wrench to do it, depending on if you plan on doing more than one probably not worth buying everything to do it yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top