Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:44:43 AM EST
Not the first and not the last to ask this. DD 7.0 Omega rail or Larue 7.0 Handguard? I like the fact i can drop in the DD rails without any smithing! but are the LT rails more durable/tighter fit/better overall since they require smithing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:17:03 AM EST
A daniel defense omega rail will leave no gap between your upper reciever and rail, so you can mount optics and things where they meet. The larue has a gap where the barrel nut is. I have a daniel defense, my friend has a larue both are good choices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:21:58 AM EST
They are the best on the market. I would go DD but thats just because I dont have a LaRue yet. I have heard nothing but great reviews about both. I love my DD Omega.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:30:23 AM EST
YHM is half the price, good quality and tempting because of that but don't like the look near as much as DD, LT or even Samson. Samson Star C is what is on Stag Model 2T (I have model 2) and it looks sweet. I just don't hear much about Samson MFG?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 5:47:22 AM EST by 45FMJoe]
Daniel Defense or LaRue Tactical. Six of one, half a dozen of another. (I mean quality wise)

The LT will be backed by a no bullshit lifetime warranty, period. I don't know if DD does the same. Plus LT will give you free shit when you order.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:19:19 AM EST
I think the larue will be just a little bit stronger due to the mounting platform, but DD Omega is still a very durable rail. DD Omega is very light, very narrow compared to most other rail systems and is easy to mount. If you want a one piece continuous top rail, you need to go with the DD Omega or DD LITE. If you don't care about that, I would go with the Larue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:22:14 AM EST
The DD Lite is very hard to beat.
Top Top