Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/23/2013 4:14:56 PM EST
I finally got my weapon built, but i have some concerns with the BHO. On bolt lockback, the bolt release is super stiff. I am able to place weapon into battery, but it takes much more force than my other ar15s. Also, when i flip my gun upside down and rack the bolt via the charging handle, the BHO activates. Does anyone else have these issues.

I have not taken the gun out to the range yet. Can i put in a regular BHO spring instead of using the DDLES supplied spring?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:26:44 PM EST
Glock lower?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:44:18 PM EST
Yep forgot that part. Glock small frame lower.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:45:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 8:45:33 AM EST by 64FXR]
I believe DD uses a reduced power bho spring due to the design of the actuator
arm. I thought about replacing mine too when my bolt would lock back after every
other round, but was advised by DD not to.

I'd put a few mags through it and see if it works before changing the spring.

IMO, that is the Achilles heel of their glock mag lower, so I sold it and picked up their
colt pattern.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:14:45 AM EST
First lower i used had a stock BHO spring & it would not alow the glock mag to actuate the BHO. They sent me a lighter spring & I was in business. Sounds like there is alot of pressure against the BHO. Is this for a blowback with a heavy power spring? As for engaging upside down never tried it but the way it is set up I could see it happening. Mabe streach the BHO spring just a little
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:06:39 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ronaldmwilliams:
First lower i used had a stock BHO spring & it would not alow the glock mag to actuate the BHO. They sent me a lighter spring & I was in business. Sounds like there is alot of pressure against the BHO. Is this for a blowback with a heavy power spring? As for engaging upside down never tried it but the way it is set up I could see it happening. Mabe streach the BHO spring just a little
View Quote

I now have a standard car spring with spikes tactical stx-9 buffer on it. My gunsmith said that the gun would not cycle reliably with a heavy spring and the spikes buffer.
Top Top