Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2018 11:04:59 PM EDT
Very interested in using a DD fixed front on newest project as i always leave the front sight flipped up on other builds anyways. Question is, what are opinions on choice for rear sight. I typically run RDS at absolute co height and have concerns if i run the matching fixed rear i will have a majorly cluttered sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I got two front/rear sets.  One is absolute, the other is 1/3 coewitness.  But are great, but I do like the 1/3 better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Magpul pro for that situation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I run Magpul pros on a couple rifles. I’m a fan, like the look of the DD and since i typically leave front up thought I’d give it a go. Maybe DD up front Pro out back?
This is a 10.3 pistol build, if that matters
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You can't go wrong with the Magpul Pro, but I'm partial to the KAC Micro Rear Sight. I plan on doing a similar setup to yours, with a Scalarworks Peak front sight + KAC micro rear.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I also like the combo of having the DD fixed front sight with a Magpul MBUS Pro at the rear.  I like having the fixed front site as a visual reference through the red dots that are mounted at lower 1/3.  The rear MBUS Pros are nice and small but still there if needed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I love the fixed DD sights. I like to run optics at absolute co-witness when I can. I also like to use the DD fixed sight set with optics.

If you have your preferred optic, get a DD fixed front and use a flip up rear you already have. Try it out and see how you like it flipped up all the time. Of course, you could also by a DD set and try it out. The sets and individuals sell easily on the EE.

Pistol build. Larue absolute mount and DD set.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a nice looking pistol. Looks like i need to just order the fixed set. Can always pop a pro off another rifle and see which works better for me. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolute cowitness is too low for me.

I used to run a fixed DD front and folded Troy rear with a lower 1/3 Micro.   Was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
KAC or Magpul Pro. I run absolute as well. I tried the DD fixed rear, and it was way too cluttered. I'm sure time behind it would've solved that but it was a personal preference.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Put the DD fixed set on today. Looking through it doesnt seem too bad.  Plan to get out and shoot is weekend. Will also have a rifle with MB pros on it with me to swap and see
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top