Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2018 11:04:59 PM EDT
Very interested in using a DD fixed front on newest project as i always leave the front sight flipped up on other builds anyways. Question is, what are opinions on choice for rear sight. I typically run RDS at absolute co height and have concerns if i run the matching fixed rear i will have a majorly cluttered sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:55:11 PM EDT
I got two front/rear sets. One is absolute, the other is 1/3 coewitness. But are great, but I do like the 1/3 better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 11:58:50 PM EDT
I like Magpul pro for that situation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:03:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2018 12:04:30 AM EDT by Al303]
I run Magpul pros on a couple rifles. I’m a fan, like the look of the DD and since i typically leave front up thought I’d give it a go. Maybe DD up front Pro out back?
This is a 10.3 pistol build, if that matters
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:10:08 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with the Magpul Pro, but I'm partial to the KAC Micro Rear Sight. I plan on doing a similar setup to yours, with a Scalarworks Peak front sight + KAC micro rear.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:04:47 AM EDT
I also like the combo of having the DD fixed front sight with a Magpul MBUS Pro at the rear. I like having the fixed front site as a visual reference through the red dots that are mounted at lower 1/3. The rear MBUS Pros are nice and small but still there if needed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 3:53:47 AM EDT
I love the fixed DD sights. I like to run optics at absolute co-witness when I can. I also like to use the DD fixed sight set with optics.

If you have your preferred optic, get a DD fixed front and use a flip up rear you already have. Try it out and see how you like it flipped up all the time. Of course, you could also by a DD set and try it out. The sets and individuals sell easily on the EE.

Pistol build. Larue absolute mount and DD set.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:04:14 PM EDT
Thats a nice looking pistol. Looks like i need to just order the fixed set. Can always pop a pro off another rifle and see which works better for me. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:14:36 PM EDT
Absolute cowitness is too low for me.

I used to run a fixed DD front and folded Troy rear with a lower 1/3 Micro. Was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:03:43 AM EDT
KAC or Magpul Pro. I run absolute as well. I tried the DD fixed rear, and it was way too cluttered. I'm sure time behind it would've solved that but it was a personal preference.
Top Top