Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2009 3:47:06 PM EDT
So i ordered a new aimpoint comp m4s on 2/25 and they said it would be delieverd today. I plan accordingly and set up a little shooting competition with one of my Army buddies who is running an eotech, thinking atleast ill have a chance. Well as today started to fade i gave them a call and they assured me it would be here. Well 1900 EST has come and gone and it didnt show, so i call back. "Oh, thats our mistake sir, we are hoping to get that to you sometime next week." uh? come again? WTF. Now i have to run irons against an eotech, freaking sweet!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 3:51:34 PM EDT
Congrats! You've been BOTACH'ed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 3:53:49 PM EDT
Ordering from Botach is like screwing a hooker without a condom.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 3:57:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2009 4:05:20 PM EDT by BallisticTip]
All the info on them, and you expect them to deliver on time, well they prey on the uninformed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:33:19 PM EDT
my appoligies admin. i was unaware of this policy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:37:59 PM EDT
Been there done that, won't go there again
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:39:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wvusoldier217:

Why can't we complain
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:47:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JonLSU:

Why can't we complain

Technical forum, that's why
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 4:56:58 PM EDT
If you order from Botach you get screwed. If you order from them again, you have screwed yourself. I don't know any supplier with a worse reputation. My surprise would be if they did something honorable or correct.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:01:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperSet72:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
––––-Lieutenant Montgomery Scott, ST:TOS, Friday's Child
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:24:06 PM EDT
It amazes me how many people order from BLOTACH....
Do a search, and buyer beware.

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:36:11 PM EDT
It's kind of like ciggarettes... You quit them for a while and their irresisable prices compell you to go back and buy again. They have never ripped me off, just not sent me my goods its that they are disorganized to the point of send goods which I didn't order or not charging.

To be fair the stuff they sent was cheaper than anywhere else....

I'll probably buy from them again....
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:41:37 PM EDT
I have had nothing but good luck with them but perhaps I am just lucky.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:45:10 PM EDT
yea i got an aimpoint comp m4s for $522. Guess i should have listend to mom when she said if something sounds to good to be true, IT IS! I just hope it gets here soon!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 6:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2009 7:27:20 PM EDT by titan7]
I have picked up the following from them over the past month without issue:
(2) Acog TA31 Fs
(2) Eotech 553
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4s
(1) Aimpoint Comp ML3

and numerous ARMS mounts. I live about 30 miles from them so perhaps that may help. Their web sight is not live with inventory status. If you click the "ask the expert link" and ask Jeff if items are in stock before ordering, then call him back with the order # he will pull it and ship the same day. They have been like clockwork for me. I sort hate posting this here as it's been nice to get what I want because others will not order there.

If they do not have an item in-stock yes, you will run into a wait and the customer service number will get you nowhere. You can't beat their prices.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 6:11:27 PM EDT
haha well thanks for the tip, and i have to agree its their prices that will drag me back!
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 10:02:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By titan7:
(2) Acog TA31 Fs
(2) Eotech 553
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4s
(1) Aimpoint Comp ML3

and numerous ARMS mounts. I live about 30 miles from them so perhaps that may help. Their web sight is not live with inventory status. If you click the "ask the expert link" and ask Jeff if items are in stock before ordering, then call him back with the order # he will pull it and ship the same day. They have been like clockwork for me. I sort hate posting this here as it's been nice to get what I want because others will not order there.

If they do not have an item in-stock yes, you will run into a wait and the customer service number will get you nowhere. You can't beat their prices.

Picked up in person or had it shipped to you? Big difference there. Since they won't allow anyone but LEO and militray to do a will call there it is kind of a moot point if you picked it up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 12:02:05 AM EDT
Bought a lasermax unit from them... shipping was extremely fast. I would purchase from them again...
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 12:07:19 AM EDT
I have ordered several times and have never been disappointed but I seem to be in the minority with this. I will order again until I get added in with the majority
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 4:02:33 AM EDT
I get all my shit the next day
I used to just pick it up which was nice
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 4:21:16 AM EDT
Customber service? What's that?

Link Posted: 3/6/2009 7:26:04 AM EDT
Well I too drank the AIMPOINT koolaid. I am running 2 ML2's and a T1 on order. I had an EOTECH and just wasn't as happy as I am with the AIMPOINTS. I have a buddy who is an ARMY doc, his dad is retired USMC. Now you wqant to talk about rivals!!! I just shut up and shoot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 3:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2009 3:34:44 PM EDT by Camaro822]
eta disregard
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 4:05:40 PM EDT
yea i got an aimpoint comp m4s for $522. Guess i should have listend to mom when she said if something sounds to good to be true, IT IS! I just hope it gets here soon!!!

OK... how did you get it for that price?

It checks out on the website for $580 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 5:02:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By chuck1:
Originally Posted By titan7:
(2) Acog TA31 Fs
(2) Eotech 553
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4
(1) Aimpoint Comp M4s
(1) Aimpoint Comp ML3

Picked up in person or had it shipped to you? Big difference there. Since they won't allow anyone but LEO and militray to do a will call there it is kind of a moot point if you picked it up.

Nope, had it shipped to my house.

Link Posted: 3/7/2009 7:52:02 AM EDT
I ordered some stuff years ago. And they sent me 2 of everything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:57:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!

Monday night I ordered a EOTech 516 for my m4, and their website said it was "Instock". I then paid $40.00 for overnight shipping b/c I too was getting ready for a shooting tournament. Of course, when it hadn't shipped the next day I call and they said it was 12 weeks backordered. WTF? So I said ok, then cancel my order and refund my money. I live 5 minutes from Cheaper Than Dirt so I'll just go there and buy it for $60 more. So they said they cancelled my order and sent an email.

I opened the email and it said canceled. All good right? NO NO NO they still charged me almost $500.00 andnow I have to argue with them to reimburse me that money, or I'll be taking them to court.

DO NO USE BOTACH. WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP COMPANY.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:11:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperSet72:

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 6:30:07 AM EDT by wvusoldier217]
its been just about a month since i placed my order and i called last night only to find out they didnt have shit and didnt know when it would be in. sweet!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:19:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jhall83:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!

Monday night I ordered a EOTech 516 for my m4, and their website said it was "Instock". I then paid $40.00 for overnight shipping b/c I too was getting ready for a shooting tournament. Of course, when it hadn't shipped the next day I call and they said it was 12 weeks backordered. WTF? So I said ok, then cancel my order and refund my money. I live 5 minutes from Cheaper Than Dirt so I'll just go there and buy it for $60 more. So they said they cancelled my order and sent an email.

I opened the email and it said canceled. All good right? NO NO NO they still charged me almost $500.00 andnow I have to argue with them to reimburse me that money, or I'll be taking them to court.

DO NO USE BOTACH. WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP COMPANY.

Dispute the charges with your credit card. They'll refund the money to you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:28:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 12:36:22 PM EDT by mousegunner]
In my foolish youth I ordered a Trijicon Reflex sight and sight base from them. They delivered the sight base installed on the sight.

Of course, they neglected to install the two screws that fastened the base to the sight; they just stuck the sight on the two "pins" on the sight base. And I wondered why it wouldn't hold zero...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:21:56 AM EDT
i've been screwed by botach twice recently. They don't tell you when they don't have something in stock. they just cancel the order....and they don't tell you that either.

For optics, I just went to SWFA. Called Friday for an Aimpoint. They price-matched the best I could find and put me on backorder. I was on backorder for a long time....all weekend! The scope shipped Monday and was in my hand Wednesday. OUTSTANDING.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:01:37 PM EDT

+++1 I can't believe how many folks wil not listen to the good advice of others just to save a few bucks. I would rather take my business to someone who makes customer service a priority.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:37:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DasRonin:

OK... how did you get it for that price?

It checks out on the website for $580 plus shipping.

Botac routinely runs a 10% off and/or free shipping. Their current 10% off is "march2009". I have hated Botac in the past, but lately I've had some luck. I ordered a couple of sale items last Thursday, received them on Monday. I ordered a CMMG .22lr conversion for $169 and a couple other sale items on Friday, they arrived today (Wednesday). It seems much better since they updated their ordering system. On my last few orders they have sent out a confirmation that the order was received, and another comfirmation upon shipment with a list ot what actually shipped. With their prices as low as they are it's hard not to shop them from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:00:30 PM EDT
botach = taurus
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:21:00 PM EDT
You have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle/gamble of dealing with a dishonest, unethical company that has zero customer service, just to save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:37:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By acman145acp:
botach = taurus

so you're saying they're good because I love taurus
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:00:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigCoastie:
Originally Posted By acman145acp:
botach = taurus

so you're saying they're good because I love taurus

Jesus loves everyone that doesn't make them good........
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:00:57 PM EDT
I remember ordering a pair of in stock boots form Botach, 6 weeks later and without another peep save for the confirmation email I emailed them to cancel. They never even confirmed that I canceled.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:14:48 AM EDT
Welll, I didn't know they had a bad rep and ordered an Elcan Specter DR from them. Came today. Good unit. I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:56:29 AM EDT

I'm batting .500 with them. My first order years ago went flawlessly. Six months later I made another small order and it did not go so well...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:06:27 PM EDT
On 3/24/09 I wrote Botach to verify an item was in stock.
On 3/25/09 I received a reply the item was in stock.
I placed the order on 3/25/09.
On 3/25/09 I received an order confirmation.
On 3/25/09 I received an email advising the item shipped and received a tracking number.
On 3/26/09 the tracking number confirmed the item had shipped and indicated delivery on 3/30/09.

I expect it to be delivered on time.

I have never had a problem when I contact them to verify the item is in stock before I order.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:26:56 PM EDT
I don't care how cheap there stuff is, I will never purchase another thing from them.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:27:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DasRonin:
On 3/24/09 I wrote Botach to verify an item was in stock.
On 3/25/09 I received a reply the item was in stock.
I placed the order on 3/25/09.
On 3/25/09 I received an order confirmation.
On 3/25/09 I received an email advising the item shipped and received a tracking number.
On 3/26/09 the tracking number confirmed the item had shipped and indicated delivery on 3/30/09.

I expect it to be delivered on time.

I have never had a problem when I contact them to verify the item is in stock before I order.

ditto. have done the same process for multiple orders. mine all when out the same day ordered. this was Jan 2009. it seems if not in stock you get screwed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:54:47 PM EDT
I've been ordering stuff from them again for the last year or so, and no problems. I usually order sale stuff, which they have in stock. I've only been screwed by one order out of a dozen or more, and that one I went around picking odd stuff from their catalog, so that's definitely a no-go. My last order was an ARMS 40L BUIS for $78 shipped (cheaper than used ones sell for), and it arrived in 3 days.

That said, I would never order anything from them that I was in a big hurry for, because Murphy definitely works there.

Top Top