Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/27/2004 5:23:32 AM EST
As mentioned in a previous thread I will be cutting down a WOA service rifle barrel and making it into a SPR style upper. I have a complete machine shop pretty much available and a competant machinist....just never done something like this before. Is there anything that needs to be done specifically when cutting down a barrel so as to not screw up the accuracy? How did you guys cut yours? Hacksaw? Powersaw? Thanks .....Ill be sure to post pics of the finished product!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:27:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By flashooter:
As mentioned in a previous thread I will be cutting down a WOA service rifle barrel and making it into a SPR style upper. I have a complete machine shop pretty much available and a competant machinist....just never done something like this before. Is there anything that needs to be done specifically when cutting down a barrel so as to not screw up the accuracy? How did you guys cut yours? Hacksaw? Powersaw? Thanks .....Ill be sure to post pics of the finished product!

You can cut it down however you like. Hacksaw, cut-off saw, or a cut-off tool in a lathe (preferred). HOWEVER, the final cuts have to be made while chucked up in a lathe... finishing off the muzzle face square. The final portion of this is cutting the crown. I have plenty of hours running lathes of all types, but I leave crown cutting to a compentent gunsmith, especially on a barrel as sweet as that one.
Top Top