Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 5:32:51 PM EDT
I just bought a XM 15 A3 carbine. Will top with a EOTech.
Lew Tippie is going to build a 20-24" varmint/benchrest complete upper for this rifle.

Here's where I need ya'lls expertise. I want to install a "light" trigger for this rifle. Some of my benchrest rifles wear a 2-4 ounce trigger. I understand that this would be illogical/stupid/suicidal for this rifle. But I am looking for a one pound adjusted trigger. Single or two stage.(Jewell?)

The rifle will wear the heavy barrel the majority of the time. But, will the trigger function properly with the short barrel in a "social problems" encounter?

What trigger might fit the bill here??
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You are going to have a hard time finding a reliable and safe trigger for your AR if you want it at 1 lb. I would strongly suggest you go with at least a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lb. trigger to be safe. The AR is no bolt gun. Even a good trigger at 4 lbs. is going to work for you if it breaks like a glass rod and several can be set up this way. Going with too light of a trigger on the AR with its cycling characteristics is going to get you in trouble. Most of the good AR gunsmiths can set you in the right direction on which one to get. I have 3 Jewells and like them a lot. Another popular one right now is the Rock River. It can be set a bit lighter than service rifle legal and it will feel just fine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I also like the Jewell for a 2-stage setup. Lots of adjustability and the advantage of greater mechanical advantage at the sear.  You will never dent / deform the sear on a Jewell.

For a single stage setup I like the JP fire control system.  I say 'system' because I like their trigger/hammer/springs/O.S pins combination.  Also lots of adjustability and very nice feel.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Reb,Russ-- thanks for the replies and info. I'll IM ya'll for a little more data.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top