Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:07:26 PM EST
Big Brother is getting lonely. I got a couple of unmarked Mega lowers a while back from JCW. I ended up doing the uppers as well. Picked up a RRA LPK with two stage trigger and a couple of buffer tubes from Spike's tactical. I eventually want to SBR the pistol builds but until then they're pistols and the lowers were transferred as such. I've got a pair of handguards that I took off the LMT but that would mean going with standard gas block and front sight and I kind of had aspirations of putting a 9" free float quadrail on a 10.5" barrel to hang a bunch of fancy shit off of.

Total cost of current investment:

Mega stripped lower = $135
Mega stripped upper = $115
RRA LPK w/ 2-stg trigger = $195
Spike's Tactical Buffer Tube = $45
LaRue BCG = $130 (just got it today!)
Single Point Sling mount = $20

The shitty thing is right now my RRA trigger is bunk. Damn thing's out of spec. I'm waiting for the local store from where it was purchased to get more in stock to do a swap out for me.

I'm almost thinking that I should do a basic build with a traditional barrel assembly and then I can just throw those M4 handguards on and add a BUIS and an optic. I'm still lacking those items plus a charging handle and port door and forward assist kits. I'll probably pick up a MIAD while I'm at it. Building your own shit doesn't make it any cheaper. It just allows you to customize.
Top Top