Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 3:22:02 PM EST
If I bought a brand new Bushy or DPMS or whatever, with a fixed style CAR or M4 stock, will I be able to convert this to a collaspable in the fall, if the ban lifts?

Or are these, functionally, totally different, and it will be a complete waste of money and then in the fall that part will be worthless?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:49:03 PM EST
B. A complete waste of money
Buy a solid stock. A fixed tele will be junk come Sept. But a standard stock is a good place to begin a new build.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:02:42 PM EST
If you do need a good stock right now, I would go with the Sully Stock.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:49:12 PM EST
You will not be able to convert a Postban compliant Bushmaster tele-styled stock. It won't be a complete waste of money. You could probably sell the full sized buffer/spring for a few bucks. The stock itself could make a nice door stop/paper weight/wheel chuck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:00:16 PM EST
crazyquick,

No it's not possible to convert post ban to preban. The only part that is interchangable and can be used to make pre-ban is the plastic latch and main stock. bUt not too worry, contrary to what most people say the post-ban stock will not be wortheless, there are pleanty of states that have AW on state-level with no exparation date. Post -ban telestock will still be valuable in those states.

halik
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:32:45 PM EST
Dont buy it, wait till the ban ends.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:11:03 PM EST
The DPMS "fixed" stock is a 4-position collapsible with two roll-pins and a bit of epoxy. Would only take about 10-15 minutes to make it collapse...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:24:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:44:56 PM EST
I have been wondering the same thing myself, I have a Colt m4 with the fixed stock. I don't care about a bayo lug or flash hider, but I would like the colapsable stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:26:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:
Are you sure about that? Have you checked the bottom of the receiver extension? Are the position holes milled?

-Troy

I know for a fact it's a standard 4-position with 2 roll pins and a bit of epoxy. It's got all of the position holes and the plunger/spring assembly is intact. Notice DPMS charges $10 more for the "fixed" stock? It's to cover the cost of the roll pins and epoxy...
Top Top