Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2019 9:26:11 PM EDT
Trying to compile a list of Military and Law enforcement end-users of LMT rifles.

So far I have this:

New Zealand Defence Force - CQB16

New Zealand SAS - Rifle Length MRP

Estonia's Ministry of Defence - MARS Rifle

British Army - L129A1

British Transport Police - MRP CQB 10.5"

Cheshire Police (England) - Defender Series

Hampshire Police (England) - Transitioning to  Defender Series

Anybody have any to add?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The Kiwis also used the MWS. Not sure what the designation was.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Trying to compile a list of Military and Law enforcement end-users of LMT rifles.

Wiki has this:

New Zealand Defence Force - CQB16

Estonia's Ministry of Defence - MARS Rifle

British Army - L129A1

Anybody have any to add?
View Quote
Those Estonia operators are no joke
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
smallarmsolutions

Estonia has requested external piston rifles for health reasons. They are concerned with the health risks of overexposure to propellant residues and gasses (lead and other heavy metals). Approximately 14 companies submitted entries. These included: Heckler & Koch, CZ, Beretta/SAKO, Sig, Patriot Ordnance Factory, Israeli Weapons Industry, Lewis Machine and Tool and Radius. After the first round of testing, the only remaining weapon systems, which met the minimum requirements to continue on to the final testing, were Lewis Machine and Tool (MLCPS & MWS), Heckler & Koch (416 and 417) and Sig Sauer (MCX & 716G2 DMR). POF made the final down select, but was excluded due to the shipping of rifles for testing being delayed.
View Quote
If this is true it’s an interesting reason for choosing an external piston.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

smallarmsolutions

If this is true it’s an interesting reason for choosing an external piston.
View Quote
Sounds like Gov't speak to automatically disqualify the M-16 series.

Which is odd, as they (Estonians) use large numbers of "hand me down" USGI M-16A1s, G-3s, M-14s, etc.

Their official "standard A" rifle is the Galil, but they don't have enough to go around.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Those Canteen green MWS and MRP’s they sold a couple  months ago were contract over runs from a government contract for a Central or South American country.  Not sure which one though.

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
And New Zealand SAS use the rifle length MRP.

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
@tengo1 Did some digging, they were for a now-cancelled Venezuelan military contract
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
British Subway, and Transit Police carry MRP CQB 10.5" rifles.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a vague memory of LMT building M4s for SEAL teams early in the GWOT. I think it would have been pre-MRP. We had a SEAL platoon attached to our unit in Iraq in 2005, and I remember wanting to get a look at their rifles to see if they had LMT markings. Does anyone know anything more definitive about that?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a vague memory of LMT building M4s for SEAL teams early in the GWOT. I think it would have been pre-MRP. We had a SEAL platoon attached to our unit in Iraq in 2005, and I remember wanting to get a look at their rifles to see if they had LMT markings. Does anyone know anything more definitive about that?
View Quote
LMT for sure provided Upper receivers and Parts. But I don’t think there is any evidence they provided lowers or complete rifles
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Man I wanted one of those canteen green MRPs

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LMT for sure provided Upper receivers and Parts. But I don’t think there is any evidence they provided lowers or complete rifles
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct. Here’s a U.S. Special Forces operator with an piston MRP (upper at least) in Afghanistan in 2010

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
British transit police:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top