BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:14:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It will work fine either direction.  There are people here who will tell you to use it pointing in the same direction as the barrel faces, but you won't see an issue either way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It will work fine either direction.  There are people here who will tell you to use it pointing in the same direction as the barrel faces, but you won't see an issue either way.

+1.  We fit them with the open end towards the muzzle.  

that is the way i do it
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
CONCAVE side faces away from the muzzle , so it flattens as you tighten.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]

there are two faces on the crush washer.  one is is larger and concave.  the other end has a taper on the outside.  the large concave end faces the muzzle attachment.  the smaller diameter  tapered end faces the shooter.  it is tightened 1/4-1 1/4 from hand tight.  the tech manual states if not put in theis way it will loosen up.  this is according to the latest m-16a2 technical order/ T.O.  so i must disagree with most of what has been said.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
proper way to install a crush washer is to replace it with a peel washer
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
There was another thread on this wayy back but I can't find it to link to. As I recall, the bigger end of the washer faces the FS while the smaller end faces toward the bbl.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CONCAVE side faces away from the muzzle , so it flattens as you tighten.  I must say this is wrong.

there are two faces on the crush washer.  one is is larger and concave.  the other end has a taper on the outside.  the large concave end faces the muzzle attachment.  the smaller diameter  tapered end faces the shooter.  it is tightened 1/4-1 1/4 from hand tight.  the tech manual states if not put in theis way it will loosen up.  this is according to the latest m-16a2 technical order/ T.O.  so i must disagree with most of what has been said.  

Works fine with the concave side outbound as well as inbound, the manual does state the concave must face towards the reciever but it makes no difference.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top