Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2002 12:14:24 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting one for my Beretta 96.
Any comments?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a set on my Ruger MkII 5 1/2 bull barrel stainless for over a year.  Wooeee, great fun and those little .22 bullets ride that laser out to 75 feet.  But my Colt Series '70 Clark customized, my Beretta 92FS Centurion and my Belgium BHP don't have anything but dots.  I don't really want a laser on a pistol as it gives your position away as you laze around and causes you to focus on the dot rather than your weapon and the target.  In a self defense situation all I want anyone seeing is a bright flash, then nothing, not a red line and dot going all around.  IMHO, (and just MY HO), I'd spend the two hundred bucks on ammo and get well acquainted with my self defense pistol as opposed to getting a laser.  They are cool gadgets, take those little wafer CR2032 batteries and hold zero, at least with a .22.  Downside:  The allen sight adjustment screws are like tiny tiny silly tiny.  I would change that.  Good luck,
C
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Crimson Trace "donated" to me for a short time, three sets for use on my Sig 226's during my business trip last fall.  I had nothing but positive experiences with them and with the company.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as lasers go, Crimson Trace is great.  Much preferrable to something hanging off your weapon.  If you're into lasers on a pistol, this is a great one.  I'm just not advanced enough to accept the concept on a self defense handgun except for specialized applications.  Great fun on a .22 target pistol though!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
GET ONE!  They are fantastic, and the newer wrap around rubber molded ones (can't think of the number) are nice.  Dual activation pads.  I had one on a stainless Beretta 92.

You will need to practice with it a bit to get used to it, but if you put time in with it on the range you will love it.

crimsontrace.com check it out.

Good Luck.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top