Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 8:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2004 3:49:58 PM EDT by clarksniper]
Load mag, charge, safety off, FIRE!  pull trigger then no fire, trigger won't pull. Recharge, fire - then can't pull trigger again?
 Then i put it on safe, then turned safety off again and it fires, then no fire, safety on again then safety off and it fires!
 Im at a loss, everything on this rifle is brand new. I thought I put it together with attention to detail, did I miss something?

* The trigger spring wasn't hooked below the front shoulder in front, it was on top. Upon close inspection also noticed the disco spring is too short and replaced it as well.
 Everything works as expected now. Thanks for your help lads!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:41:06 PM EDT
After firing the first round, does the action chamber a new round?  You might also run the trigger function check (I copied this off from the lower assembly page):
               FUNCTION CHECK

Verify that hammer locks to the rear when pushed back.                
Verify that hammer pivots forward when trigger is pressed.                
Without releasing the trigger, push the hammer back again and verify that it locks (caught by disconnector).                
Releasing the trigger should not cause the hammer to pivot fully forward (caught by trigger).                
Hammer will fall when trigger is pressed.                

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:51:47 PM EDT
ok, when i pull the trigger on dissasembled lower, it fires. Without releasing the trigger I pull the hammer back and it locks. The trigger stays in the fired position and doesn't move forward. I can't pull the trigger again as it is back all the way still. I push down on hammer and it rises to come back up higher, and can then fire again.
 I know this is something simple, I just can't figure it out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:58:32 PM EDT
So, it sounds like the you cannot release the trigger and then pull it again for the second shot.  In other words, it doesn't pass the function test.  I would try a "reboot."  Take out the trigger group, inspect all parts, and reinstall.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:14:53 PM EDT
Wierd, is this your first AR build? Just wondering if you know for fact you put it together right?

The hook on the back of the hammer about half way up, just above the spring should catch on the disconnector. If you pull the trigger, continue to hold the trigger back, and recock the hammer, it should catch this hook on the disco. Then when you release the trigger the hammer should pop forward about 1/4". For some reason it sounds like the hammer is stuck on the disco when you release the trigger and not moving forward.
1. Are these contact areas smooth?

2.Another thing to check is make sure the "J" spring that is on the INSIDE of the hammer did not walk out and bind up the hammer.

3. Is the disco spring functioning and installed right, wide end down in the groove? With the hammer released forward, take your finger and push down on the disconnector and see if it bounces back.

4. Is the trigger spring installed right?

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:46:53 PM EDT
this isn't my first build which is why I am so surprized I'm having a problem. I'm trying all the things you mentioned. I'm sure it's my error as every single part here is new. Get back with you quick...
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:46:29 AM EDT
I agree with dogcatcher.

Also make sure the disconector spring has the wide end down, toward the trigger.
Top Top