Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2003 6:29:47 AM EDT
When are these going to be available at a reasonable price?
Are any manufacturers planning on making a copy?
I want one, But I don't want to spend $550 on a piece of plastic!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:11:34 AM EDT
You can buy a Japanese knockoff for $80 [img]http://www.boomarms.com/crane_preorder/IMG/1.jpg[/img] It does hold batteries, but not for flashlights. ls
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:12:50 PM EDT
Where can I find the replica, and would it be as good as a Vltor? Japanese huh? I'm pretty sure there is one made for airsoft guns, I kinda wonder if that is it. If that's the case, then it won't fit a real AR, at least not without modification.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:30:10 PM EDT
Go with Vltor, it the better way to go. If you want the Japanese knock off, it's set up for Airsoft weapons. Those aren't compartment holding batteries, those tubes hold batteries that function the airsoft rifle. Go to this link to see more of the Crane Airsoft stock:[url]http://www.boomarms.com/crane_preorder/album.asp[/url] ls
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:21:30 PM EDT
Vltor versus an Airsoft knock off? We making funnies, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 1:00:35 AM EDT
GENTLEMEN. THINK ABOUT THE WORD ITSELF. "AIRSOFT". CONSIDER IT'S VERY DEFINITION. OK. THAT'S BETTER. NOW GO GET YOURSELF A VLTOR AND THANK THE LORD FOR THE ABILITY TO USE SOUND LOGIC.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 2:09:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By danhits: GENTLEMEN. THINK ABOUT THE WORD ITSELF. "AIRSOFT". CONSIDER IT'S VERY DEFINITION. OK. THAT'S BETTER. NOW GO GET YOURSELF A VLTOR AND THANK THE LORD FOR THE ABILITY TO USE SOUND LOGIC.
View Quote
LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 2:51:19 AM EDT
Well, don't get me flamed for this, but...I live in Italy, accessories for ARs are non-existent, and ordering from USA is out of question, the vast majority of dealer just don't ship to Italy (i contacted at least half a dozen, with the same response), so, what can I do? I've ordered a rubber buttstock for my M4 telestock, a three-point sling and a weaver mount for A2 ar, and I must say that they are real good quality. I've seen an M4 stock for airsoft and is UNDISTINGUISHABLE from a colt stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:10:02 AM EDT
Forget about Vltor & Airsoft, If I cant get a real copy of the Crane for a reasonable price I will stick with my Colt M4 stock. I can not understand why a Company like RRA or Cav Arms cannot quickly make & market a copy of the Crane stock; It can't be that difficult! They could charge 2X or 3X what they charge for their M4 stock & sell every one fast!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:15:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By garr: I can not understand why a Company like RRA or Cav Arms cannot quickly make & market a copy of the Crane stock; It can't be that difficult!
View Quote
U.S. patent laws. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2003 12:50:45 AM EDT by AK_Mike]
If someone really, really wants the Crane stock, drop me some mail and I'll sell you mine. Then I can turn around and replace it with a Vltor, and buy another RASII, and some more surefire batteries, a good hamburger, and.... Edit: Wow, I was kind of joking around there, didn't realize so many people were looking for a real Crane stock. It's now [b]SOLD[/b]! Going to go buy a Vltor, and buy another RASII, and some more surefire batteries, a good hamburger, and....
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:07:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Underdog: Well, don't get me flamed for this, but...I live in Italy, accessories for ARs are non-existent, and ordering from USA is out of question, the vast majority of dealer just don't ship to Italy (i contacted at least half a dozen, with the same response), so, what can I do?
View Quote
Have you tried www.mstn.biz e mail them and see what response you get.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:21:36 AM EDT
AK_Mike, check your mail ;-)
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:19:59 PM EDT
The Crane stock already went the way of the Dodo bird. Outdated before it's time. VLTOR did that to 'em. There is no problem with paying a price premium for top stuff but this stock is name only IMO!
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:31:12 PM EDT
Hi, firends. Then can you find out the real crane stock? Do you know manufacture's name, total number of products, als stores where I can buy that stock?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2003 2:43:03 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Crane subcontracted the production I believe. Wes at MSTN would know who. I doubt anyone knows the total number produced outside Crane and the contractor. Not to be rude, but given that they run $500-600 a copy, usually in used condition, and that you have to take the stock off to access the storage tubes, why you would want one over the Vltor escapes me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:18:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Crane subcontracted the production I believe. Wes at MSTN would know who. I doubt anyone knows the total number produced outside Crane and the contractor. Not to be rude, but given that they run $500-600 a copy, usually in used condition, and that you have to take the stock off to access the storage tubes, why you would want one over the Vltor escapes me.
View Quote
Agreed! Not to mention stories of them cracking with a fair amount of ease. AFAIK nobody is manuf. these at present. I also heard the company that was interested in doing so may not have decided to do so...... Understandably. Not to be rude either but I have to stress again that the Crane stock is far outdated by the VLTOR's modularity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:38:23 PM EDT
Curious, does the VLTOR stock provide a more comfortable cheek weld like the Crane stock does (I think)?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:29:32 PM EDT
Personally, I think the Crane stock's cheek weld is slightly more comfortable because it has no breaks in the continuous surface, and a nice buttpad. However it cannot adjusted like the Vltor. I didn't even think I could really sell my Crane at the traditional prices due to the Vltor, I believe it has become a collectors item only due to it's functionality being superseeded by the Vltor (and others). I did sell mine cause I am not a collector, and the guy got a good deal as mine was in perfect condition, and no mfg markings like the ones will have when and if they are finally produced for the civilian masses. It was nice for a while to show off and say I had one, and before other viable options were available. The Crane stock will now takes it place next to the other collectables like the Colt ACR stock (or whatever it was called) and others. They waited too long to make money on the market, it's been stolen by Vltor and Magpul methinks. Still a nice stock though, can't wait to replace it with a Vltor however (and another RAS II, and more!)
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:12:40 AM EDT
I think that if the Crane stock was available for even $ 100.00 more than the VLTOR people will buy it. As you all mentioned is hard to get, expensive and there are alternatives. Same as with Acogs and Colt 14.5 " M4 uppers. People want what they can't have.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:39:50 AM EDT
Another real Crane stock for sale on the EE boards right now!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:49:39 PM EDT
I observe that due to patent concerns, Cav arms et al are not copying the Crane stock. BUT, considering there is demand, who ever has the patent should licence to a good manufacurer, and they could both make a tidy profit. I am pretty sure the owner is not making any money off that patent now. TJ
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:28:56 PM EDT
Two things: 1) the patent holder could licence copies. Not making much money off it now. 2) are we sure its patented? We assume, but... I cant find anything at [url]www.uspto.gov[/url]. No patent, open season on copies. My $.02
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:30:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cav_scout_tj: Are we sure it's patented?
View Quote
Yes, it is patented. I live 5 minutes from NSWC Crane and the stock's inventor lives less than a half hour from me (although I do not know him personally). I listed the patent number in a thread on these boards a few months ago, but do not have it handy now. Someone do a search here on AR15.COM and it should be easy to locate. [:)]
Top Top