Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:03:57 AM EST
Hello,

I would like to hunt coyotes this winter at night. It is legal in my state from January to March. I don't know much about night vision scopes.

Is a Gen 1 AN PVS-2 surplus scope good enough for shots under 100 yards? Or is a smaller Gen 1 available that would be good enough? I am not looking for the cutting edge, but instead an affordable scope for hunting. I have no problem using an IR illuminator to boost the performance of the scope. I would like at 100 yards to be able to distinquish between a fox and a coyote.

Please let me know if you would stick with a standard red flashlight and forget the night vision.

Thanks,
Cheese
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:30:43 PM EST
I have very little experience with NVDs, but the consensus seems to be that Gen 1 will do the job.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:39:43 PM EST
i used a raptor 6x for deer oops i ment cyote hunting it was a 3rd gen and it worked well !

i think if you use a first gen you need to get the cyotes hooked on marlbros that way you can see them no problem with a first or second gen

use at least a 2nd gen of good quolity and a infrared ligth that should work OK,
Top Top