BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:20:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
So does this mean that tan is officially dead?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So does this mean that tan is officially dead?

We haven't produced tan parts in over 2 years.  The coyote Brown out sold the Desert Tan in it's first 6 months of production, compared to the 3 years the Desert Tan was available.  We donated all our remaining Desert Tan furniture in stock to various military units from from 2004-2005.

If a distributor wants more desert tan furniture, we can make it, but they will need to order 500 pieces.

OK- thanks.  I was just asking for curiosity's sake.  That, and I have some tan furniture.  Will it now be "rare and collectible?"  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the difference between Coyote Brown and tan?  Is that the new tactical name for tan?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent, I have three rifles with your furniture that still have black grips because I hate the Ergo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to get smacked for this but ......

Who is "We"?  and does We have a web page?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am going to get smacked for this but ......

Who is "We"?  and does We have a web page?

'They' would be Cav Arms, in Gilbert, Az.

Good people.

www.cavalryarms.com/
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you kind sir!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you planning on producing any items in the new SOCOM Ranger Green?

Like VLTOR and TangoDown are switching over to?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Coyote Brown, mmmn,

Now if there was a local stocking dealer in Gilbert/Mesa/Tempe/AJ.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
WOOT!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Are you planning on producing any items in the new SOCOM Ranger Green?

Like VLTOR and TangoDown are switching over to?

?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Excellent, I have three rifles with your furniture that still have black grips because I hate the Ergo.

ARE YOU ON DRUGS?  That is the nicest grip I've ever held. I have a hogue too, but MUCH prefer the Ergo. Just kidding ya. Do you not like the feel/texture or is the size?

Gene
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Right, so whats the difference between coyote brown and "dark flat earth" or whatever they're calling it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Right, so whats the difference between coyote brown and "dark flat earth" or whatever they're calling it?

The handguard on the left and the buttstock on the right are from CavArms and they are "coyote brown".

The TangoDown Battle grip next to the Cav handguard is "Flat Dark Earth".

They are exactly the same color.

The other stocks in the pic are the older "tan", which has been discontinued by both TangoDown and VLTOR in favor of Flat Dark Earth, which is a SOCOM milspec color. In the next pic below we have three companies' products; all colors match: TangoDown and VLTOR in the new "Flat Dark Earth" and CavArms "coyote brown".

The newest SOCOM color is Ranger Green, and both VLTOR and TangoDown are switching to this color. The old green color they used before (based on the KAC green used on rail covers) is being discontinued in favor of the milspec Ranger Green.

The pistol grip on this rifle is the new Ranger Green, and the other stocks are the older green which is on the way out.

I hope CavArms follows suite and switches to Ranger Green.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/colors.jpg

The handguard on the left and the buttstock on the right are from CavArms and they are "coyote brown".

The TangoDown Battle grip next to the Cav handguard is "Flat Dark Earth".

They are exactly the same color.

The other stocks in the pic are the older "tan", which has been discontinued by both TangoDown and VLTOR in favor of Flat Dark Earth, which is a SOCOM milspec color. In the next pic below we have three companies' products; all colors match: TangoDown and VLTOR in the new "Flat Dark Earth" and CavArms "coyote brown".

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/fde1.jpg

The newest SOCOM color is Ranger Green, and both VLTOR and TangoDown are switching to this color. The old green color they used before (based on the KAC green used on rail covers) is being discontinued in favor of the milspec Ranger Green.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/rangergreen.jpg

The pistol grip on this rifle is the new Ranger Green, and the other stocks are the older green which is on the way out.

I hope CavArms follows suite and switches to Ranger Green.

Let's hear it for this years trendy fashion colors.......
WTF
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Is there a set of ladder rail covers (anyones) that match your new grip?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top