Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:05:00 PM EDT
I am starting a build with an LMT 16" upper with the MRFS-C installed. The lower will be an LMT Defender 2000 once I can get my hands on one. Has anyone run into issues with either the uper or lowers from LMT?

The reason that I ask is that when I went to my local dealer today to get the FFL for transfer he said that LMT parts are not made well and tend to not work well. He said I would be better off with Colt, Bushmaster or Armalite. While I know they are all big names I would rather keep my build to the same manufacturer on this one.

I tried the search but I dont get a whole lot of results since I am not a team member, so any of your thoughts and experiences are appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 1:04:14 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
think that guy is a dumbass and didnt know what the hell you were asking him so he said what he knew best

dennysguns lmt uppers for sale thread

legal transfers lowers for sale thread

jtac lmt items for sale page

braco comp. lmt items for sale page

gandrtactical's for sale page

smglee's lmt m4 discussion thread

mstn's for sale thread

lmt, colt and rra discussion thread

lmt cmt colt discussion

quality of lmt thread

colt vs. lmt quality thread

i got 5 pages of search and there is an endless amount of info in the archives that you would not be able to see unless youre a team member
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 1:07:52 PM EDT by TalonArms_R]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:06:24 PM EDT
I'm guessing that asshat sells Colt, Armalite, and Bushmaster and not LMT. He was probably trying to get you to buy directly from him.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:06:29 PM EDT
I love my LMT lowers. Have one SBR'd also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:36:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By knightone:
I'm guessing that asshat sells Colt, Armalite, and Bushmaster and not LMT. He was probably trying to get you to buy directly from him.

salesman of the month award is within grasp probably
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 1:48:14 PM EDT by Alpha-Romeo3]

Here's a pic of my LMT with the OEM M4 stock before I changed it to my Vltor stock.

I just got my LMT Defender 2000 lower half on the first week of last month with a build date of June/ '05.

It's got a good quality and finish and the factory installed upgraded Tango Down Battlegrip for free.

I already had my 16" M4 LMT upper last May and it mates smoothly with the lower, not tight and not loose.

I installed upgrades myself like, KAC M4 RAS rails, KAC VFG, MI FSB rails (for my future laser and tactical light mount), Aimpoint M2, KAC mount, LMT fixed BUIS, LMT M16 BCG, LMT CH, KNS anti-rotation pins, Stag Arms ambi selector (no interference problems with the receiver and grip) and Vltor modstock.

Like all manufacturers they are not immune to occational defective product but it has been proven in threads in this site that LMT will honor their guarantee.

The next factory batch release is going to be sometimes this month. Go for it, you'll like it.

ETA: I bought all my upper, lower and components from the EE.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:52:14 PM EDT
Thanks for the info and responses everyone. I feel much better about the expected parts now. I am expecting my LMT lower to come in with the next batch in a month or so and the wait will kill me. Rob at Talonarms has been a huge help so far as well and once I have the finished project together I will post some pics.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:34:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrazyChuckster:
Thanks for the info and responses everyone. I feel much better about the expected parts now. I am expecting my LMT lower to come in with the next batch in a month or so and the wait will kill me. Rob at Talonarms has been a huge help so far as well and once I have the finished project together I will post some pics.

The last thing that I changed was my rare LMT chromed bolt. I'm using my regular spare non-chromed LMT bolt and I'm saving the chromed bolt for a special future project like a SPR type rifle.

You're in good hands with Rob of Talon Arms, they take good care of their customers. I also bought Samson custom engraved rails from them last Spring and the quality is very good.

My Samsons are going on my next projects but back then when they first offered them, they gave me an offer that I can't refuse.

Don't feel so bad, others and myself from the last batch had to wait more than a month and a half to get our lowers.

It's the same with other manufacturers like RRA, they're in short supply and in high demand.

Good luck.
Top Top