Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 3:49:39 AM EDT
Anyone seen these from China or something or nother? I assume these are for airsoft or something like that, however just wondered if anyone has seen one, handled one, would they work on an AR or is this a toy?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a guy selling them in the equipment exchange
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one off the E n' E that came with my sons Aimpoint clone. I went with an actual Aimpoint x-wide ring instead. It’s of decent quality but one problem I’ve been hearing is that if you don’t use locktite on the mount nut it will vibrate off. It sits low on the rail and I don’t know if the Aimpoint riser and screws are compatible.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The one I saw on Ebay comes with the riser. I am figuring that as with any clone it is poor quality compared to the original and I should just spend the extra money on the Real Thing. However it never hurts to ask. Once in a while some decent clones come out of China!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that I think about it, I think we’re talking about two different mounts. Mine is the Aimpoint QRP clone, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah these are the M68 mount only they are about $38, plus shipping which puts them at about half what the real thing are. Probably half the quality too???
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I would not be buying the clone Aimpoint mounts in the EE if I were you.  There are plenty of less expensive alternatives so there really isn't any need to buy cheap Chinese GARBAGE from the Canadian in the EE.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two coming this week, will be going to the range with FAL and do a full writeup.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Great and that was exactly the rifle I was considering putting mine on. Where are you going to post the results? Do you know an approx. time frame? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would not be buying the clone Aimpoint mounts in the EE if I were you.  There are plenty of less expensive alternatives so there really isn't any need to buy cheap Chinese GARBAGE from the Canadian in the EE.  

Where and what?  (I need a high-rise ARMS clone)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Get the Burris or ProMag that I showed you from Midway.  

Post those links from your email if you can!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
waiting for the review
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought one a while ago and it seems identical to the real deal only the color is all black not grey.  The risers will interchange BTW.  Great mount for my Tachpoint. No problems yet but only put about 150 rounds through the rifle with it on.  I think mine was $42 with shipping but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I got one with my aimpoint clone.  I have never played with a real one but this one seems high quality for the cost.  I would recommend loctite because it came loose when I first shot it on my AR.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#14]
They might look the same but I think A.R.M.S. products are machined aluminum.  These knockoffs are probably pressed powdered metal or the fiber reinforce aluminum powder that airsoft components are made out of.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]
As someone who works with machining every day I can tell you these are  made from machined aluminum.  The main differance is the slave labor and regular beatings which keep the price down.  

Loctite is a must.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top